Goals and Checklists
Kind of a boring topic for a blog post, especially at the end of the week, right?
Well, one of my goals for 2017 is to post here regularly, so I’m writing a blog post about goals and my to-do lists.
Today’s To-Do List
|2016 income tax completed and filed|
|Cancel Hulu subscription|
|Cancel gym membership||Contacted gym to start process|
|Write 2017 Writing Goals and determine task timelines.||Started (see below)|
|Read for at least one hour before bed.|
Saturday’s to-do list has to do with cleaning the kitchen, laundry, cleaning the bathroom, etc., so I’ll spare you those details.
Last night, during writing night with Carol, we brainstormed and started writing our 2017 Writing Goals lists. Here’s what I have so far:
So my tasks remaining for tonight are to finish this list of goals and determine a timeline as well as break everything down into “bite-sized” tasks that will (hopefully) keep me on track, and then to make sure I head to bed at a reasonable time so that I can spend an hour reading.
Don’t forget that on Sunday, we start our weekly 2017 Writing Goals check-ins/updates. I’ll be posting my finished goals/timeline so you can see how I do it, which I hope will help you come up with a process for setting yours for the year.
In case you missed it before, here’s a series that might help you with goal setting:
Dreams vs. Goals: Do You Dream of Being a Writer?
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)