100 Random Questions
Sunday, August 28, 2016
Fun questionnaire I found online that killed my afternoon. If you use on your own site, please leave a link in the comments!
- Spotify, SoundCloud, or Pandora?
Pandora (usually either on Classic Rock or Instrumental Soundtracks)
- Is your room messy or clean?
- What color are your eyes?
Gray with a hint of olive green
- Do you like your name? why?
I go by a nickname I chose (Kaye) and I love my old-fashioned, classic full name, Katherine.
- What is your relationship status?
As anyone who knows me should know—lifelong single
- Describe your personality in 3 words or less
Sarcastic, pessimistic, supportive
- What color hair do you have?
Nice ‘n’ Easy 4W/120B, Natural Dark Caramel Brown
- What kind of car do you drive? color?
2013 Ford Escape
- Walmart or Target?
- How would you describe your fashion style?
- Favorite social media account?
- What size bed do you have?
Full, on an antique bedstead
- Any siblings?
One sister, two years older than me
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? why?
In a Nashville where there is no rushhour traffic, and where it doesn’t get above 85 degrees in the summer. 😉
- Favorite Snapchat filter?
Don’t use Snapchat
- Favorite makeup brand(s)
NYX, Revlon, Cover Girl
- How many times a week do you wash your hair?
Since I work from home, usually only every other day
- Favorite TV show?
- Shoe size?
10.5 (US), which is one of the hardest sizes to come by
- How tall are you?
- Sandals or sneakers?
90% sneakers, 10% sandals
- Do you go to the gym?
Um . . . I pay for a gym membership every month.
- Describe your dream date.
October 22—a day when it’s clear that fall has good and truly arrived. 😀
- How much money do you have in your wallet at the moment?
- What color socks are you wearing?
- How many pillows do you sleep with?
One, but it’s a body pillow, so it’s like sleeping with two or three
- Do you have a job? What do you do?
My full-time job is as an academic editor for Northcentral University. My part-time job is as a freelance editor and fiction writer.
- How many Facebook friends do you have?
- What’s the last thing you bought online?
Two Northcentral University T-shirts and an NCU licence plate frame
- What’s your favorite candle scent?
Autumn scents (cinnamon, spices) or citrus
- 3 favorite boy names
William, David, Andrew
- 3 favorite girl names
Julia, Katherine, Caylor
- Favorite actor?
- Favorite actress?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- Favorite movie?
Currently, Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Last book you finished?
Dog on It by Spencer Quinn
- Money or brains?
- Do you have a nickname?
My grad school friends call me Kiki
- Have you ever had surgery?
3x: left wrist, 1998 (remove a cyst from inside the carpal tunnel); lower back, 2003 (ruptured disc L4, bulging disc L5); right ankle, 2010 (twice–once to repair multiple breaks, again to remove one of the screws)
- 5 favorite singers/bands
Whitesnake, Queen, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Steve Tyrell
- Do you take any medications daily?
Too many to list here, both prescriptions and supplements
- What is your skin type? (oily, dry, etc.)
Dry with eczema and psoriasis (currently controlled by medication)
- What is your biggest fear?
Being alone for the rest of my life.
- How many kids do you want?
- What’s your go-to hair style?
- What type of house do you live in? (big, small; new, old; modern; etc.)
Small, old, without enough closet space—but it’s a house and not an apartment!
- Who is your role model?
- What and when was the last compliment you received?
Yesterday, that I have beautiful eyes
- What was the last text you sent?
“Chip [my agent] is in my sights. Waiting to talk to him.”
- How old were you when you found out Santa wasn’t real?
What? Santa isn’t real?!?!
- What is your dream car?
The one I have, but with all the bells and whistles (foot-activated lift-gate, sun/moon roof, backup camera, auto parking assist, etc.—oh, and hybrid, too)
- Opinion on smoking?
It’s gross and stupid (oh, and I’m extremely allergic)
- Where did you go to college? What is your degree(s) in?
New Mexico State University (1 semester, major: Secondary Ed); Louisiana State University (5.5 semesters, major: Creative Writing, minor: history); Trevecca Nazarene University (BA, English, writing specialization); Seton Hill University (MA, Writing Popular Fiction)
- What is your dream job?
Publisher of a university press
- Would you rather live in rural areas or the suburbs?
Suburbs (more amenities)
- Do you take shampoo and conditioner bottles from hotels?
Only if I’ve opened/partially used them—I find they’re usually a scent I’m allergic to, though
- Do you have freckles?
- Do you smile for pictures?
When I can’t avoid them, yes
- How many pictures do you have on your phone?
182—most are stored on my computer
- Have you ever peed in the woods?
Probably, when I was little and we lived in Alaska and actually had woods to go into.
- Do you still watch cartoons?
Nope, ‘cuz they just don’t make them like they used to.
- Do you prefer chicken nuggets from Wendy’s or McDonald’s?
I prefer chicken fingers from Zaxby’s
- Favorite dipping sauce?
Texas Pete buffalo wing sauce mixed with Marzetti Ultimate Blue Cheese salad dressing
- What do you wear to bed?
Tank top or cotton camisole with cotton-knit pajama pants
- Have you ever won a spelling bee?
I have a hard time spelling out loud—I need to write it down.
- What are your hobbies?
Does binge watching shows on Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu count as a hobby? No? Okay . . . knitting and crocheting, then.
- Can you draw?
Yes, sort of.
- Do you play an instrument?
I took piano lessons for about six months when I was in junior high. It wasn’t for me.
- What was the last concert you attended?
Michael Buble, at least eight years ago.
- Tea or coffee?
Coffee in the AM, iced tea the rest of the day, hot tea at night.
- Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts?
- Do you want to get married?
- What is your first crush’s first and last initial?
- If you’re a woman, would you/did you change your last name when you marry(ied)?
Depends on what his last name is. I’ve had my last name for 45 years and counting. It would be hard to learn to go by another name after all these years.
- What color looks best on you?
- Do you miss anyone right now?
- Do you sleep with your door open or closed?
Because I live alone, I sleep with it open. When I’m anywhere else, I close the door.
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Last person you called.
Mom and Dad (on Mom’s birthday, via Skype)
- Favorite ice cream flavor?
Mint chocolate chip
- Regular oreos or golden oreos?
- Chocolate or rainbow sprinkles?
- What shirt are you wearing?
“We Are Nashville” T-shirt
- What is your phone background?
Pink and purple stripes
- Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
I’m an outgoing introvert.
- Do you like it when people play with your hair?
Yes, though it never happens anymore now that it’s super short.
- Do you like your neighbors?
For the most part, yes. I live in a great neighborhood.
- Do you wash your face? at night? in the morning?
Usually only in the morning, except on the rare occasions when I wear makeup, and then I wash it as soon as I get home.
- Have you ever been high?
Does laughing gas at the dentist count?
- Have you ever been drunk?
Tipsy, but not full-out drunk.
- Last thing you ate?
A dill pickle.
- Favorite lyrics right now.
“Rise Up” from Hamilton
- Summer or winter?
- Morning or night?
- Dark, milk, or white chocolate?
Caramel (with dark chocolate).
- Favorite month?
- What is your zodiac sign?
- Who was the last person you cried in front of?
Probably my mom, but it’s been a while.