It’s Reading Report Time! (August 2016)
Happy First Monday of August, everyone.
It’s Reading Report Time!
Tell us what you’ve finished over the last month, what you’re currently reading, and what’s on your To Be Read stack/list. And if you’ve reviewed the books you’ve read somewhere, please include links!
- What book(s) did you finish reading (or listening to) since the last update?
- What are you currently reading and/or listening to?
- What’s the next book on your To Be Read stack/list?
Here’s my report:
What book(s) did you finish reading (or listening to) since the last update?
As always, click through on the title for my review or for more info on the book.
- The Red Door Inn (Prince Edward Island Dreams #1) by Liz Johnson (contemporary inspirational romance | 4 stars)
- Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir, audiobook read by Stina Nielsen, Davina Porter, Bianca Amato, Jenny Sterlin, Jill Tanner, Gerard Doyle, & Robert Ian Mackenzie [re-read, historical fiction—Tudor era | 4 stars (story), 4.5 stars (audio performance)]
- Tempting Mr. Weatherstone (Wallflower Weddings, #0.5) by Vivienne Lorret (novella, historical romance—Regency | 4 stars)
- Bleak House by Charles Dickens, audiobook read by Simon Vance [classic British Lit—Victorian | 4 stars (Esther’s part of the story), 4 stars (audio performance), ~2.5 stars (non-Esther part of the story)]
- My Name is Mary Sutter by Robin Oliveira (historical fiction—American Civil War | 2 stars)
- Dog on It (A Chet and Bernie Mystery, #1) by Spencer Quinn (contemporary mystery | 4 stars)
What are you currently reading and/or listening to?
- Scene & Structure by Jack Bickham (writing craft book for current blog series | 9%)
- False Start (Assignment: Romance #1) by Barbara Valentin (contemporary romance | 5%)
What’s the next book on your To Be Read stack/list?
- I’m currently in the process of working through the remaining letters in my 2016 A to Z reading challenge. This month, I knocked out J, L, O, and Q and am working on V. I have two books on hold at the library (on a waiting list) for U:
- Angel Fire (Lydia Strong #1) by Lisa Unger (contemporary mystery/suspense)
- Diamonds Or Donuts by Lucie Ulrich (contemporary romance)
And then I have a list of books that can fulfill X, Y, and Z. (Yes, the X list is very short. Only one book, in fact.)
2016 A–Z Reading Challenge Update
Here are the letters (author last names) I haven’t fulfilled yet: U, V (in progress), X, Y, Z.
And according to Goodreads, I am 18 books ahead of schedule to meet my overall goal of reading 60 books this year, with a total of 52 read already.
My rating matrix:
5 STARS = one of the best I’ve ever read
4 STARS = a great read, highly recommended
3 STARS = it was okay
2 STARS = I didn’t enjoy it all that much, not recommended
1 STAR = DNF (did not finish)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)