Book-Talk Monday: What Are You Reading (April 2012)

Monday, April 2, 2012

It’s the first Monday of the month, so it’s time to share what we’re reading!

• What’s the next book on your To Be Read stack?

Follow the Heart, Book 1 of the Great Exhibition series by Kaye Dacus—due on May 1!

1. Jenn permalink
    Monday, April 2, 2012 6:14 am

Recent completion-the Mountains Bow Down, Sibella Giorello. Very good series, particularly for action/suspense. I like how she weaves the good news in subtly without feeling the need to beat you over the head.
    Current-Love Finds You…in Sisters, Oregon by Melody Carlson. I’m liking it, cause I like M. C., though I’m not a fan of cheesy “series”. And I’d like to go to Oregon, so, there you go.
    Next-hmm…since I’m on a book buying ban for April, and no time for the library (totally throws me behind), maybe I can catch up on the large pile at home. Possibly Unexpected dismounts by Nancy Rue, or The Quilt Chronicles by Stephanie Grace Whitson, or the Julie Klassen I never got around to…

• amberfrench permalink
      Monday, April 2, 2012 4:43 pm

I’ve read “The Mountains Bow Down” and really liked it! I usually like more romance weaved through the story but I enjoyed the book. I have “The Rivers Run Dry” also by Sibella but haven’t read it yet. She’s definitely on my list of authors I like 🙂

2. debraemarvin permalink
    Monday, April 2, 2012 7:00 am

I’m really looking forward to the new series, Kaye. When does Follow the Heart release?

I’m currently reading Walks Alone by Sandi Rog and SIster Wife by Allison Pitman. just finished three books I judged for the Grace Awards – romantic suspense. Listening to The Forgotten Affairs of Youth by Alexander McCall Smith.

I haven’t been able to write for 3 weeks = my computer died. I’m looking forward to getting back to work on my own story!

3. janella permalink
    Monday, April 2, 2012 8:08 am

Reading a new debut, The Irish Healer

4. booktalkandmore permalink
    Monday, April 2, 2012 8:24 am

Most recently finished “In the Arms of Immortals” by Ginger Garrett. Currently reading “Wolves Among Us,” also by Garrett. Next up “Catching Fire” by Suzanne Collins and “The Strength of His Hand” by Lynn Austin.

5. Carol Owensby permalink
    Monday, April 2, 2012 9:14 am

I read Edgar Rice Burroughs’ Mars books over spring break – FAR superior to the movie. Next up – A Case for Love. 🙂

6. Sarah Richmond permalink
    Monday, April 2, 2012 11:23 am

Rebecca of Sunnybrook farm.

7. Abigail Richmond permalink
    Monday, April 2, 2012 1:19 pm

Last book “The Mystery of Mar Saba” by James Hunter
    Currently reading “Michigan” by Gail Gaymer Martin it is a collection of 4 books.
    Considering either a Hardy Boy book or Nancy Drew for the next one.

• Monday, April 2, 2012 2:22 pm

Abigail, the original, early Nancy Drews are the best! I’ve never been fond of the later, “modernized” Nancy. ;D

8. Monday, April 2, 2012 2:20 pm

Have almost finished “Speaking For Myself”, Cherie Booth Blair’s autobiography. Was a “just in case I run out of things to read at midnight on Saturday”, because I’ve always been underwhelmed by the Cherie I’ve seen in news clips and such. Surprise! When I did start it, I could only put it down when my eyes wouldn’t stay open any longer! Fascinating woman! Fascinating life both in and out of #10. Had no idea she was a respected practicing barrister even after Tony became PM.

As for what’s next in the pile, nothing! Will remedy that today!

• debraemarvin permalink
      Monday, April 2, 2012 3:39 pm

Wow, you caught my interest. I just watched The Queen again last week. I think this sounds intriguing

9. Monday, April 2, 2012 3:28 pm

Just finished Hiding in Plain Sight by Amy Wallace – very good mennonite mystery/romanctic suspense set in Montezuma.

Just started Spirit Fighter by Jerel Law – Middle grade fiction about the nephilim. Possibly not my cup of tea, but then I’ll pass it to my kids and see what they think. After all, they are the target market, not me.

Next on the list is Irish Healer by Nancy Herriman, historical fiction set in London.

10. amberfrench permalink
    Monday, April 2, 2012 4:39 pm

I just finished “The Wedding Dress” by Rachel Hauck and loved it! I’m now working on finishing a few books that I started in the fall and had to put aside to review some other titles. After that I’ve got copies of “The Hunger Games” by Suzanne Collins and “Divergent” by Veronica Roth that I want to read!

11. Sherrinda permalink
    Monday, April 2, 2012 9:25 pm

I just finished In Too Deep by Mary Connealy. A good story with lots of fast paced action. I started Conflict and Suspense by James Scott Bell, and am trying to see if my DIL has a copy of Catching Fire on her Kindle that I can borrow. 🙂

12. ausjenny permalink
    Monday, April 2, 2012 10:30 pm

I just finished Cooking the Books by Bonnie Calhourn. Great read. I loved the heroine she is so fun and there were alot of quirky characters in the book. Love the aunt who thinks she can cook but infact is not that edible. The book is a light suspense and has alot of humour and there is also alot of wondering what will happen next.
    I have been sick the past day or so haven’t started the next book but think it will be Cowgirl Trails by Susan Page Davis.