Fun Friday–Say 33

Friday, March 2, 2012

I found this meme on one of the blogs I follow and thought it looked like fun. Feel free to take and use on your own blog (and post a link in the comments if you do!).

Say 33—You in 33 Questions

1. Your main trait: Inborn pessimism
2. The quality you like best in a man: It’s a tie between good earning potential and a premium health insurance policy he can add me to
3. The quality you like best in a woman: a good sense of humor
4. Your main flaw: See #1
5. Last time you cried: So long ago, I can’t remember
6. Ideal job: English/writing professor
7. Scent of a place: Smoky Mountains in the Fall
8. Beloved movie: The Philadelphia Story
9. Book on the nightstand: My Kindle—and I’m currently reading Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren
10. First and best kiss: Still waiting . . .
11. You couldn’t do without: My laptop
12. How you would like to die: Painlessly and not alone
13. Song you sing in the shower: Whatever song is playing on Pandora
14. Your deadly sin: See #1
15. Your not-so-deadly sin: Addiction to Pinterest
16. Your motto: If it doesn’t work, turn it off and back on again.
17. Ideal first date: Any
18. Favorite present: When my parents paid for me to attend my first writers’ conference for my 30th birthday
19. What you do on the train: When I used to ride the Metro to work in downtown DC, I would read. Haven’t commuted by “train” since early 1994.
20. Something you’d change in your body: Um . . . my BODY!!!
21. Your addiction: Sugar
22. Now on your left: Completed editing project ready to be turned in.
23. Now on your right: On the other side of my mouse, a green highlighter, a box of staples, an empty coffee cup, and my Flip video camera
24. Now in front of you: My computer (???)
25. Now behind you: An extra office chair with a bunch of stuff piled in it that needs to be put away.
26. 3 names for (of) your children: I don’t want to have children (and am too old now anyway), but I was always partial to Julia, David, and Charmianne (shar-mee-ANN), all family names.
27. 3 things in your purse: Bookmarks, Excedrin, 6 pens (just in case five run out of ink?)
28. 3 places that fascinate you: Romania, Ukraine, and Germany
29. 3 people you’d like to meet: Julian Fellows, Andrew Davies, and J.K. Rowling
30. 3 traits that annoy you in others: Dishonesty, closed-mindedness, and intolerance
31. 3 values inherited from your parents: Strong work-ethic, high morals, open-mindedness
32. In your past life you were: A professor
33. In your future life you’ll be: A professor

1. Vanya permalink
    Friday, March 2, 2012 1:40 am

Oh my! So funny.

2. Friday, March 2, 2012 5:44 am

great answers!

And, I wanted to say that I really enjoyed the “judge’s lessons” this week. I can always use little pointers. We must always be willing to learn and grow and these offer perfect little points to ponder.

3. Friday, March 2, 2012 4:18 pm

“6 pens (just in case five run out of ink?)”

As if we needed a reason to have that many pens…
    Love it!

4. Saturday, March 3, 2012 4:27 pm

Julian Fellowes must be a genius because… “Downton Abbey” is charming.

5. Sunday, March 4, 2012 4:44 am

I posted this at http://ausjenny.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/say-33-you-in-33-questions.html
    it was fun but hard too.

6. Sunday, March 4, 2012 9:43 am

Sad to say… I have zero pens in my purse. And I needed one yesterday. Thoroughly irritating because there’s nothing worse than having to ask a stranger for a pen. Well, there are worse things… but you know what I mean.

I need to give you a dash of my optimism, my friend! Half-full, Half-full, Half-full!!!!!

7. Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:46 am

Whew, finally got this done! http://www.disruptedharmony.blogspot.com I linked to you Kaye, and also there were many of your answers that were my answers, which made responding difficult, and one question I just left yours, but stated they had been your answers too. Thanks for a fun break from thinking about WIP, and for your helpful advice.