Thursday Thought Provoker

Thursday, February 23, 2012

(If needed, click here to see a full list.)

1. Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Mine is Much Ado About Nothing. Comedy. Romance. Hidden identities. A faked death. Villains. Princes. And Benedick and Beatrice.

• Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:52 pm

Mine too. I quote it all the time, at least the movie. Kenneth Branagh is a perfect Benedick. Great movie adaption, love the music. I memorized Sigh No More in high school and my bff and I sang it in the halls. 🙂

• Vanya permalink
      Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:14 am

Oh, Much Ado is my favorite too! As a reward for finishing NaNoWriMo one year I got the BBC version on your recommendation and loved it! Thank you. 🙂

2. Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:58 am

I’m still partial to the Brooding Dane…

3. Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:06 am

The Taming of the Shrew

• Sylvia M. permalink
      Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:00 am

Michelle, have you ever seen the Elizabeth Taylor/Richard Burton film of TTOTS? I think I’ve seen it three times. It’s really good and Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton have major chemistry going on! No wonder those two kept re-marrying!

• Dora permalink
        Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:35 am

I really loved “Kiss Me Kate” it had a real Shakespearean quality with the “play within the play.”

• Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Yes, I have. 🙂 It’s so good!

4. Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:59 am

Twelfth Night for me. Of course, it helps that I saw the movie with Toby Stephens as Duke Orsino…

5. Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:03 am

That’s a really tough call. Much Ado, Twelfth Night, King Lear, Hamlet…so I have a four-way tie going on. 🙂

6. Dora permalink
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:48 am

I am most partial to Macbeth. It is the first one I ever read. Love the scenes with the Witches. Though, a close second would be Taming of the Shrew.

7. Sylvia M. permalink
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:58 am

My favorite is Twelfth Night closely followed by The Taming of the Shrew. Much Ado About Nothing is a good one that I would probably put at the number three slot.

8. Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:05 am

hamlet! hamlet! least favourite: romeo and juliet! i also like all the henrys and i like richard III

9. Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:36 am

Midsummer’s Night Dream and Taming of the Shrew. I also like the Kiss Me Kate version of Taming of the Shrew.

10. Sarah Richmond permalink
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:36 am

Romeo and Juliet.

11. Abigail Richmond permalink
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:46 am

“Comedy of Errors” I saw it at Bob Jones University they put on a lot of good plays.

12. Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:06 pm

Midsummer Night’s Dream. I played Peasblossom the Fairy in college. HUGE role… HUGE, I tell ya. 🙂

13. Rachel Wilder permalink
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:34 pm

A Midsummer Night’s Dream. And I laughed myself silly.

At Camp Kent House one year we did Shakespeare parodies with our campers and my group had Hamlet. The camper we cast as Hamlet’s dead father came bursting onto the “stage”, hand outstretched and said “Hamlet, I am your father” in his best Vader voice. It was so much fun.

14. Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Tough one, but I’ll be the different one. I love “Julius Caesar.” I substitute taught sophomore English for two weeks while they were reading it, and got in on the movie, as well – and LOVED it. It was my first experience, really, with studying Shakespeare!

15. Vanya permalink
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:17 am

Least fave would be Romeo and Juliet… the plot really got me… I could think of half a dozen ways I would have dealt with the situation in a more logical fashion. Now if Juliet had run away or done something to stand up for herself I might have liked it better.