Thursday Thought Provoker

Thursday, January 12, 2012

1. Kav permalink
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:33 am

This is an easy one…oh wait…I’m having conflicting ideas, so maybe not. Okay, answer #1 — Organic Vegetarian restaurant! We have several really good ones in town, one close to me and they have a buffet style set up and you pay by the wait of your food. Who knew lentils could weigh so much, it certainly couldn’t be portion size, right?

Answer #2 would be a restaurant dedicated to desserts…with a cheesy name like “Yes, you CAN have your dessert and eat it too!”

• Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:49 am

I’ve always been curious to try a vegetarian restaurant—the only ones in the greater Nashville area are in the posher suburbs/outlying cities . . . and as such, are relatively pricey. A little too pricey for me to “just try.”

But an all-dessert restaurant? I want to be the first person on the reservation list!!! 😀

2. Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:40 am

I love this topic! My dream job is to open a coffee house / music venue. The problem is I can’t cook. I think I could be a barista, but I would have to serve gourmet sandwiches and soups. Surely, I could handle that. I would name my sandwiches after famous musicians or songs. In the best possible world, I would learn how to sing, and then I would sing, sing, sing and serve my sandwiches and coffee. Oh, and desserts are an option too.

• Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:51 am

And if you opened one, you know I’d be making the drive down there to hang out and listen to you sing! Maybe I could even be a sandwich slinger for you a couple of weekends a month! 😉

• Abigail Richmond permalink
      Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:51 pm

“I love coffee”

3. Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:12 am

If I were to open a restaurant, it would encompass my three favorite types of food: New Mexico-style Mexican food, steaks, and dessert. While there would be a menu of meals such as enchiladas, rellenos, carne asada, and northern-NM favorites made with Navajo fry bread. Steaks would be thick and seasoned so that there’s no need for sauces or anything—and they’d never be overcooked (no “medium well” or “well done” steaks in my restaurant!). It would be a casual, comfortable environment with a wine list of great tasting, inexpensive wines and a super-cute bartender who makes fantastic cocktails (both “leaded” and “unleaded”). There would be a full-time pastry chef making desserts from the simple to the sublime, with the option of a tasting plate of 3, 6, 9, or 12 different desserts.

4. Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:19 am

There is a new popular restaurant here that serves fast Italian food– it is delicious and in one year they have 6 locations. I’d probably shoot for something like that! 🙂

• Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:48 am

Is it Fazoli’s? We used to have those here—they were they only “fast-food” Italian places I’d ever seen before.

5. Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:20 am

OK, you had me at the dessert tasting plates . . . .

If I were to open a restaurant, it would be more like Tee’s coffee house, except I would specialize in chocolate pies, cheesecakes, and pastries. And for the non-coffee drinkers, I would have a selection of teas, as well. Can I combine that with a bookshop?

This is making me hungry . . .

6. Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:57 am

Honest to goodness Philadelphia Cheesesteaks. No steak-ums. No Kraft Singles. Real meat, real onions, real whiz.

7. Abigail Richmond permalink
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Well I work in a Bakery, which is a family business. It is called “All My Daughters Bakery” and we make Bread, Pies and Tarts, (which are small pies) Cream Filled Cookies,better known as”Whoopie Pies,” (especially in Pennsylvania) Quickbreads, Pound Cakes, Fudge Nut Brownies, (with icing) Fried Pies, Fruit Turnovers, can’t remember if that is everything or not.
    We mainly wholesale to sandwich shops, go to the market and go to craft shows.
    We are located in Blanch, N.C. but as I said we don’t have a store-front.
    I am the main baker since my older sisters have jobs outside the home.
    Two of my sisters work at Bojangles, 1 is a certified biscuit maker there.
    By the way I am 16 years old.
    Don’t know if I will ever open a restaurant I never really thought about it.

• Abigail Richmond permalink
      Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:41 pm

If you are interested in our products, Please give us a call at: (336)234-9699 and facebook page is under DennieSheryl Richmond. but if you wanted to order anything it would have to be in quantity around 4 to 6 loaves would be alright. but pies can be done singularly.

8. Thursday, January 12, 2012 2:05 pm

A diner with big plates and big portions but I’d update the menu to be a mix of old favorites and new twists on old favorites.

9. Charmaine permalink
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 2:33 pm

I’d have a tea room with an herb garden. Decorated with antique furniture, hand-made quilts, antique tin-record music boxes. Rustic but sturdy tables and chairs. Chintz curtains. I’d set the table with embrodried table cloths and use cloth napkins and old patterned dishes. It would be nice to use old siverware. Although called a tea room, I’d serve hardy soups and stews, casseroles, home made pies, Southern style cooked vegies, special herb dishes, fried chicken, and of course tea sandwiches. One could feast on the atmosphere as well as the food.

• Abigail Richmond permalink
      Thursday, January 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Hey your making me hungry!

• Friday, January 13, 2012 11:27 am

Charmaine, I want to go to YOUR restaurant! 😀

10. Thursday, January 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Italian, and I’d open it in my hometown.