Thursday Thought Provoker

Thursday, March 31, 2011

1. Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:40 am

To be honest not sure we have done anything special. I only have a brother who is married with 3 kids. They spent the last year in New Zealand so haven’t seen them since 2009 and mums been in the nursing home over 2 years now. So the months before she broke her leg we didn’t really do anything special. This makes me sound like a sad person! Its things like this that makes me realise how little really family I have.
    But if we go to special friends I would count like family I would say it was 2 days before Christmas My friends travelled about 5 hours to spend the night with me and give me a Christmas It had become a tradition as the previous 2 years I spent Christmas In Melbourne and spent time with them Christmas Eve. This was probably better than a family time would have been.

2. Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:42 am

My adult children and I are spread out state-wide. Occasions that are planned or pop-up and focus around a big meal and time together are quite special, especially with grandchildren grabbing all the attention. We are anticipating a week at the ocean soon, something we do every other year. I will be bunking with my 2 .5 yo granddaughter who will chatter my ear off for a week! But there’s nothing sweeter than hearing “Granny?” from her precocious little mouth. She also inherited my seashell obsession.

3. Leah permalink
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:06 am

Well Mom and Dad and the five of us kids that are left went to Daytona Beach, FL.
    And my whole family except one brother who was in Iraq, went down to my sister and brother-in-laws house for Christmas this past year.
    Those where the most fun things we’ve done in a while….

4. Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:32 am

I have a grandson, who has served a tour in Iraq and just returned from deployment in Afghanistan. We have a celebration and Christmas dinner for him when he returns each time, no matter what time of year it is. Our Christmas dinner, complete with his favorites and presents for him, will be in April.

5. Sylvia M. permalink
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:39 am

Last summer we went to some places in TN, GA, and NC that we had never been. Some of these were Ruby Falls, the Lost Sea, Lookout Mountain, and Rock City. Beautiful places of natural beauty that God has given to us.

6. Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:34 pm

Summer 2009, the four of us spent a week at a condo on North Litchfield Beach, SC. I’ve wanted to live there ever since.

7. Charmaine Gossett permalink
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 3:30 pm

In October for my birthday my son and I went to Gatlinburg. We took in Dollywood and Dixie Stampede, but the best part of the trip was driving up into the Smokies all the way to Clingman’s Dome. We stopped at a park information center and picked up some materials to help plan our next trip. To remember the special occasion I purchased an oil painting of a waterfall among the deep forest trees.

8. Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:08 pm

Our family loves to take a ride on the “Pumpkin Train”, a train that uses an old historic lumber train track. Chugging uphill, we reach the “pumpkin patch”, unload, gather our pumpkins, and re-board enjoying the open air excursion car back to the Mt. Shasta depot. Then, we pile into our vehicles and head for Dunsmuir, where we order pizza’s to go, lots of bread sticks and sodas. We picnic at the Caboose motel. We skip rocks in the nearby creek, trek to the koi pond, and at last, in the dark, retire to our individual “Caboose” for the night. Each caboose has been renovated to resemble a motel room. Everyone; grandchildren, adult children and grandparents enjoys this family outing!

Kaye, I hope you’ll share what’s been most enjoyable for your family!

9. Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:33 pm

Um… This shouldn’t be a hard question for me!!!!!!! To be honest, some of the most enjoyable things I can remember are just silly like popping popcorn and watching a movie together, or being silly and dancing around the house while blaring music really loud (although my hubby won’t join in with that one!) *sigh* This question shouldn’t make me cry, but it is! ugh! I guess I’m learning that the enjoyable things aren’t always the BIG things… that sometimes it’s the regular, normal relaxing times where we can just be together and be “normal” whatever that is!