#FirstDraft120 Day 47: It’s THORsday Thursday! #amwriting #handwriting #1k1hr
How is your challenge going? Have you hit a stumbling block? Have you found it easier to write since we extended the deadline? What’s up? 😉
On Thursdays, we do an alternate version of Timer Tuesday—instead of challenging ourselves to sit at the computer and try to crank out as many words as fast as we can, the challenge is to get away from the computer.
What Does THORsday Mean?
It’s pretty simple. Our writing challenge for today is:
What that means is that for the length of time you designate (half an hour, 45 minutes, an hour, etc.), you will write by hand (on actual paper). You will turn off all of your Internet-connected devices (or put them away/get away from them). And you will find a remote spot in which to work—in other words, don’t do this at the same place where you usually write. Go into a different room. Go outside. If you can, get out of the house and go work somewhere else, like your public library or a coffee shop.
Otherwise, try to follow all of the same tips that we use for regular 1k1hr writing sprints. (Refresher here.)
Assignment: Leave a comment with your THORsday goal—when, where, and for how long do you plan to do your handwritten challenge today?
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)