It’s Reading Report Time! (July 2016)
Happy First Monday of July, everyone.
It’s Reading Report Time!
Tell us what you’ve finished over the last month, what you’re currently reading, and what’s on your To Be Read stack/list. And if you’ve reviewed the books you’ve read somewhere, please include links!
- What book(s) did you finish reading (or listening to) since the last update?
- What are you currently reading and/or listening to?
- What’s the next book on your To Be Read stack/list?
Here’s my report:
What book(s) did you finish reading (or listening to) since the last update?
As always, click through on the title for my review.
- Only Beloved (The Survivors’ Club #7) by Mary Balogh, audiobook read by Rosalyn Landor (historical romance–Regency | 4 stars)
- The Curse of Lord Stanstead (The Order of the MUSE #1) by Mia Marlowe (historical paranormal romance–Regency | 4 stars)
- The Ramona Quimby Audio Collection (Ramona Quimby #1-8) by Beverly Cleary, audiobook read by Stockard Channing (children’s fiction | 4 stars)
- Wife for Hire by Janet Evanovich (contemporary romance | 4 stars)
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell, audiobook read by Charlton Griffin (romance, classic British lit | 3.5 stars)
- Trouble in Paradise by Liz Ireland (historical romance—American West 1890s | 3 stars)
What are you currently reading and/or listening to?
- The Red Door Inn (Prince Edward Island Dreams #1) by Liz Johnson (contemporary inspirational romance | 65%)
- Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir, audiobook read by Stina Nielsen, Davina Porter, Bianca Amato, Jenny Sterlin, Jill Tanner, Gerard Doyle, & Robert Ian Mackenzie (re-read, historical fiction—Tudor era | 85%)
What’s the next book on your To Be Read stack/list?
- I’m currently in the process of working through the remaining letters in my 2016 A to Z reading challenge. This month, I knocked out E and I and am working on J. So here are the books I’m looking at for L and O:
- Sawbones (Sawbones #1) by Melissa Lenhardt (historical fiction—American West 19th Century)
- The Gamekeeper’s Lady (Rakes in Disgrace #1) by Ann Lethbridge (historical romance—Regency)
- A View to a Kiss (The Bow St. Agents: Spies in Love #1) by Caroline Linden (historical romance—Regency)
- The House of the Four Winds (One Dozen Daughters #1) by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory (historical fantasy romance)
- Pieces of Hate (Assassin #2) by Tim Lebbon (historical fantasy)
- My Name is Mary Sutter by Robin Oliveira (historical fiction—American Civil War)
2016 A–Z Reading Challenge Update
Here are the letters (author last names) I haven’t fulfilled yet: J (in progress), L, O, Q, U, V, X, Y, Z.
And according to Goodreads, I am 16 books ahead of schedule to meet my overall goal of reading 60 books this year, with a total of 46 read already.
My rating matrix:
5 STARS = one of the best I’ve ever read
4 STARS = a great read, highly recommended
3 STARS = it was okay
2 STARS = I didn’t enjoy it all that much, not recommended
1 STAR = DNF (did not finish)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)