It’s Reading Report Time! (May 2016) #amreading
Happy First Monday of May, everyone.
It’s Reading Report time!
Tell us what you’ve finished over the last month, what you’re currently reading, and what’s on your To Be Read stack/list. And if you’ve reviewed the books you’ve read somewhere, please include links!
- What book(s) did you finish reading (or listening to) since the last update?
- What are you currently reading and/or listening to?
- What’s the next book on your To Be Read stack/list?
Here’s my report:
What book(s) did you finish reading (or listening to) since the last update?
As always, click through on the title for my review.
- From London With Love (Lady Spies, #1) by Jenna Petersen (historical romance–Regency | 2 stars)
- Persuasion by Jane Austen, audiobook read by Anna Massey (Annual Austen, inspiration/motivation for The Spymaster’s Daughter)
- Out of the Storm (Beacons of Hope #0.5) by Jody Hedlund (historical inspirational romance–1880s America; novella | 3 stars)
- The Other Side of Midnight by Simone St. James (historical paranormal romance–1925 | 4 stars, full review to come)
- Secrets of a Proper Lady (Last Man Standing #3) by Victoria Alexander (historical romance–Victorian | 1 star–DNF @42%)
- Seduction & Scandal (The Brethren Guardians, #1) by Charlotte Featherstone, audiobook read by Helen Stern (historical romance with paranormal elements–Victorian | re-read)
What are you currently reading and/or listening to?
- Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder (I decided it was time for a LHOTP re-read, since I used to read the series every year but haven’t done so in several years).
- I’m waiting for two audiobooks which release on Tuesday that I’ve already preordered, which is why I haven’t started anything else yet (see below)
What’s the next book on your To Be Read stack/list?
Here are the books I’m hoping to get around to soon—pre-orders, recent purchases, or checkouts/downloads from the library:
- Only Beloved (The Survivors’ Club #7) by Mary Balogh, audiobook narrated by Rosayln Landor (historical romance–Regency | Releases 5/3/16, audiobook preordered)
- Bloodline: New Republic (Star Wars) by Claudia Gray, audiobook narrated by January LaVoy (SFF | Releases 5/3/16, audiobook preordered)
- The remaining LHOTP books (minus Farmer Boy and The First Four Years, neither of which I’ve ever felt added much to my enjoyment of the series/story).
- To Wed a Scandalous Spy (Royal Four #1) by Celeste Bradley (historical romance–Regency | library book)
- If You Dare (The MacCarrick Brothers, Book 1) by Kresley Cole (historical romance–Victorian | library book)
- Entreat Me by Grace Draven (pseudo-Medieval fantasy romance | library book)
- Three Weeks With Lady X (Desperate Duchesses by the Numbers #1) by Eloisa James (historical romance–Georgian/1799 | library book. I’m giving EJ one more shot with this one, which the romance students in my grad school program read last year and raved about)
- All-of-a-Kind Family (All-of-a-Kind Family #1) by Sydney Taylor (historical kid-lit–Edwardian | library book)
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith, Jane Austen (historical paranormal romance–Regency | library book—because I enjoyed the movie so much!)
Other than that, my next reading selection will most likely be from the 2016 Reading List that I put together for myself on Goodreads for my A to Z reading challenge for this year.
2016 A–Z Reading Challenge Update
Here are the letters (author last names) I haven’t fulfilled yet: E, G, I, J, L, O, Q, U, V, X, Y, Z.
My rating matrix:
5 STARS = one of the best I’ve ever read
4 STARS = a great read, highly recommended
3 STARS = it was okay
2 STARS = I didn’t enjoy it all that much, not recommended
1 STAR = DNF (did not finish)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)