It’s Reading Report Time! (March 2016) #amreading
Happy First Monday of March, everyone.
It’s Reading Report time!
Tell us what you’ve finished over the last month, what you’re currently reading, and what’s on your To Be Read stack/list. And if you’ve reviewed the books you’ve read somewhere, please include links!
- What book(s) did you finish reading (or listening to) since the last update?
- What are you currently reading and/or listening to?
- What’s the next book on your To Be Read stack/list?
Here’s my report:
I didn’t get as much reading done in February because I’ve been doing more writing. And because I’ve been somewhat stalled out on my “book-club” book for March (which I forced myself to finish last night).
What book(s) did you finish reading (or listening to) since the last update?
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by J. K. Rowling, audiobook performed by Jim Dale (5 stars–this one may be my favorite of the series, the link is to the status updates I posted on GR as I was reading)
- Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon (1 star/DNF—review at the link)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter #5) by J. K. Rowling, audiobook performed by Jim Dale (4 stars–see my status update at 75%, at the link, for why this one loses a star for me)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J. K. Rowling, audiobook performed by Jim Dale (again, just 4 stars on this one—with a brief explanation of why at the link)
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik (ARIG Fantasy selection for March)
See my review of it up to 40% here: ‘Uprooted’ by Naomi Novik (Review, Part 1); and my most recent status update (76%) here: Kaye Dacus’s Reviews > Uprooted > Status Update
What are you currently reading and/or listening to?
- Hornblower During the Crisis (Hornblower: Chronological Order #4) by C. S. Forester (I plan to finish this one today. Halfway through, it’s definitely a solid 4-star read for me. Reading this for “research” for The Spymaster’s Daughter.)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) by J. K. Rowling, audiobook performed by Jim Dale
What’s the next book on your To Be Read stack/list?
- Uprooted is the book we were assigned to read for my grad school alumni group for March, which I just finished last night, so I’ll be completing/writing a final review of that one this week. In a couple of weeks, I’ll start on the March book, A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay (Horror).
- The Red Door Inn (Prince Edward Island Dreams #1) by Liz Johnson (the book I chose for the letter “J” for my A–Z challenge—and the book launch I just went to yesterday!)
- Beneath a Waning Moon (A Duo of Gothic Romances) by by Elizabeth Hunter and Grace Draven
- It Happened One Midnight by Julie Anne Long
- The Lady’s Command by Stephanie Laurens
- The Captain’s Wallflower by Audrey Harrison
- Terror Before Trafalgar: Nelson, Napoleon, and the Secret War by Tom Pocock (for research)
- Tress by Larissa Brown
I’m also feeling the need to dig into some romance, both contemporary and historical, because I haven’t read much of that this year—and the few I have, I didn’t enjoy at all! So here are the books that I currently have checked out of the library or recently downloaded to my Kindle:
Other than that, my next reading selection will most likely be from the 2016 Reading List that I put together for myself on Goodreads for my A to Z reading challenge for this year.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)