Thursday Thought Provoker

Thursday, November 3, 2011

1. Kara permalink
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 8:02 am

Who they are inside shows if they are attractive or unattractive.

2. Thursday, November 3, 2011 10:46 am

I think a big, boyish smile is so attractive on guys…it always seems indicative of a great sense of humor and openness. Kindness and a love of family is also very attractive!

3. Thursday, November 3, 2011 1:51 pm

Attractiveness, to me, is a ready, welcoming smile. You can always tell when someone frowns all the time – it shows in every aspect of their appearance.

4. Audry permalink
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 1:51 pm

Confidence (without arrogance)

Outward (genuine) displays of faith – Example: saw a group of firemen at a Cracker Barrel a few weeks ago with heads bowed to pray before their meal.

Kindness/ even temper – especially to kids or at trying moments. One of the first things I can remember really striking me about my husband before we were dating or even knew each other very well is a time when a little kid spilled an entire glass of milk in his lap. The kid was very upset but Jeff didn’t even flinch, just told him it was ok and got some napkins.

5. Rebekah W permalink
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 2:02 pm

I’m with Regina! A welcoming smile is the first thing I notice about a guy. To me it shows that you have his attention and he is glad to see you. A guy who puts others before himself through community projects and such, it shows he has a good heart, and is more willing to give his time rather than receiving praise. A guy who is respectful to those around him, and is well liked. A fun, and outgoing guy with lots of energy and knows how to have fun.

A big turn off is a guy who brings a lot of drama, and expects that the whole world owes them something when they have done little or nothing to contribute to others. A smoker. A guy with no ambitions and just sits around looking for hand outs and expects others to do things for them.

6. Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:24 pm

I agree with most here. I think a smile that reaches the eyes. and a sincere person.

unattractive is someone who never smiles and just frowns the whole time. Someone who is constantly complaining, grumpy and very self obsessed, and negative.

7. Audry permalink
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 6:23 pm

I find chewing gum to be very unattractive. Random, I know, but it totally turns me of, even if the person isn’t being loud about it.

8. Friday, November 4, 2011 9:08 pm

I find conversation the most attractive thing about a person {blush} I’ll overhear someone in a group (or the next cluster over) and think, *I wanna piece of that*.

Smile only works if I see it directed at someone else first. I’m a horribly suspicious/defensive person and guys’ smiles at me in college always used to freak me out.

But once I know it’s real and free, then I love a nice smile. Oh! Especially if the person is a musician and smiles that genuine I-love-my-life grin while he sings or makes his music.