Thursday Thought Provoker

Thursday, September 29, 2011

1. Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:54 am

I dream of living in multiple cities for three months at a time. A year is a big commitment. If I was going next week I’d have to say Glasgow. But London, Prague, Venice… Can’t decide. I really prefer little towns outside the big cities actually. So who’s paying?

• Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:47 am

Who’s paying? A mysterious benefactor. Now if that’s not an idea for a book . . .

2. Audry permalink
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 7:25 am

Rome

• Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:49 am

Suddenly, Dean Martin’s “On an Evening in Roma” is running through my head.

• Audry permalink
        Thursday, September 29, 2011 12:51 pm

Now it’s running through mine, too!

3. Thursday, September 29, 2011 7:27 am

That’s a toss up between Inverness, so I could explore the Highlands to my heart’s content, and Wellington, so I could explore New Zealand (and WETA) to my heart’s content.

• Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:48 am

Maybe even an internship at Weta? 😉

• Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:53 pm

Now you’re talking. In another life I’d go into production design/set dec for TV and film. In yet another life I’d be an archaeologist. And in yet another, a historian.

4. Thursday, September 29, 2011 10:31 am

Difficult choice….so many wonderful places. I agree with Debra though, I’d rather reside in the countryside, and take trips into the city or other outlying areas. I love small towns. We once spent a week outside London in a house. We met a few local residents, shopped at the local market, and loved learning how to use the “tube.”

• Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:50 am

That sounds like an ideal way to experience a visit to another country—becoming part of a small community!

5. Thursday, September 29, 2011 10:43 am

I want to go with Lori! I’ve always had a fascination with New Zealand, and would probably pick Christchurch to visit, there. In Europe, it would probably be London, or a town not far from there. Then there’s Dublin . . .

• Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:52 am

I’d have to do the Lord of the Rings tour of NZ if I ever make to that part of the globe. As far as Europe . . . I’ll refer you back to all those Virtual Vacation posts I did this summer—which was very incomplete, because I never even made it to the British Isles on that VV.

• Friday, September 30, 2011 4:52 am

Only issue with Christchurch are the earthquakes. But my brother and his family lived outside Chirstchurch for 12 months last year. he taught at the school there. My niece is counting the days till she can go back and catch of with her friends. They live in a small town with an area school. Thats reception to year 12 in one school. She has about 12 – 15 kids in your whole year level if not less.

6. Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:37 am

Somewhere in Australia, I think! 🙂 I got to spend a semester living in Austria and loved that though– maybe I’d go back!

• Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:52 am

Ooh–ever since taking German in high school and college, I’ve always wanted to visit Austria. Where did you live over there?

• Friday, September 30, 2011 4:53 am

Bethany I am an Aussie and If I could choose and Aussie city to live a year in I would choose Perth. beautiful weather (hot summers but low humidity) beautiful beaches, parks, and lots of places to visit. I love it.

7. Thursday, September 29, 2011 12:01 pm

Paris. Loved it.

But if it’s to be someplace I’ve never been, I think I’d like to go to someplace in Panama, my father’s birthplace and immerse myself in the culture and get to know my family.

8. Rachel permalink
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:20 pm

So many cities to choose from! Many I would like to visit for a week, but they don’t have the same rights and freedoms as America so best not to stay. I would just stay in a America and go home: Franklin, NH.
    It would be a mistake to stay a year and have to move back into the middle of nowhere….but I’d jump at the chance.

9. Friday, September 30, 2011 4:57 am

Im late had a busy day and have been thinking on it all day. I was thinking Honolulu Hawaii this morning but dont like the humidity in the summer. Then thinking Vancouver or Calgary but then I dont like the cold weather either. Can I have Summer in Calgary and winter in Honolulu?
    I think if it has to be a year Honolulu there is always a/c right. I dont think I could handle a cold winter with snow. After the excitement of seeing my first snowfall ever I think it would get old quick. I really don’t like being stuck inside and the cold weather.

10. Lissie permalink
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 7:55 pm

I would absolutely love to see Paris!