Thursday Thought Provoker

Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:51 am

people watching

2. Abigail Richmond permalink
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:06 am

Because God wants us to.

3. Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:05 pm

This is what motivates me:

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. (Hebrews 12:1–3, NASB)

• Audry permalink
      Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:36 pm

that’s a good motivator 😀

• Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Amen to that!

• Misty permalink
      Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Yes! I love this. I’m going to print out these scriptures and post them on our fridge. Good daily reminder.

4. Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:31 pm

As much as I always wanted to please God, I wanted to gain the approval of others. That was a big motivator for me, to prove what seemed to go unseen. Once I stopped seeking such approval, when I fully realized that I was already accepted and being perfected by the One who loved me, my motivation changed to an act of worship. Rather than being motivated to write and whatever I do to fill my own need my motivation has shifted to one of giving and thanksgiving. When I feel the weight again of a burden that I shouldn’t be carrying, it is a reminder for me to make an adjustment in my thinking by renewing my thoughts in the truth of God’s Word – just as your verse says, Kaye. I don’t think its wrong to have the approval of others, sometimes that is a natural result of the outcome, though not always and that is OK with me now.

Now that I’ve bared my soul….thanks for this reminder that I needed today!

5. Rachel permalink