Thursday Thought Provoker

Thursday, August 18, 2011

1. Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:10 am

Other than Christ saving me? (/end obligatory Jesus Juke)

It’s probably the time some guys from a fantasy baseball league I played in sent me a TV, DVD player and Spongebob videos right after my apartment fire in 2005 so my boys had something to watch when they came for their visitation.

2. Thursday, August 18, 2011 2:48 am

I would say a few years ago at the cricket I took a photo of a South African cricketer (my favourite player) and he remembered my name after 7 years now I was blown away. he asked how i was. I said ok. He could tell I wasn’t and said How are you really so I told him. it was when mum was in nursing home after breaking her leg and didn’t know what would happen if she would come home or not and the day before when I saw her she did what she often does when I went away tries to make me feel guilty and she had had a hard time with the exercise. So I was a little down. He actually cared and when I saw him a couple of days later he wished me all the best with the situation with mum. At the time it made me feel special that he cared enough to ask when he could tell I was a little down.

• Audry permalink
      Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:03 am

That’s awesome Jenny!

3. Thursday, August 18, 2011 3:27 pm

There have been so many little things over the last year and a half. Right now I think the top one would be Mama telling me back in February that I was going to conference this year even if she had to stay home. She told me I’ve come too far and learned too much to stop now, no matter the cost.

4. Judy Burgi permalink
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:45 pm

The kindest thing that ever happened to me was when I received $500 in the mail without knowing who sent it. My husband was dying of a brain tumor and I was trying to care for him and keep my job and insurance. That money was a gift from God. This wasn’t the last time during my husband’s illness that money poured in. Sadly he lost the battle 5 months after he was diagnosed. I didn’t lose the house but I did take a loss when selling it. No worries, God provided!

5. Joanna Scarpuzzi permalink
    Friday, August 19, 2011 12:18 am

The kindest thing anyone ever did for me was when my aunt paid for me to take a writing course with the Christian Writer’s Guild. I was unemployed at the time and feeling a little directionless, and she saw my writing potential and encouraged me.

6. Sunday, August 21, 2011 9:12 pm

We baby-sit a little girl from across the street (or now used to live across the street, they moved as their house was foreclosed on) who is now 2. The mom was diagnosed with stomach cancer shortly after giving birth and as the grandma wanted to be with her, we volunteered to watch the baby for awhile until other plans could be made since the dad had to work and take care of the other 2 kids. People were just fantastic in helping us, giving us stuff. My dance group gave us a high chair, clothes, toys, etc, plus their church gave us clothes and a pack-and-play and some gave us money to help out with her expenses. It was such an amazing help!!!
    Sadly the mom lost her battle over a year ago, not being able to spend much time at all with her little girl, who we still baby-sit to this day (though now we get paid a little for it). People still call and ask how the baby is doing and if we need anything for her. We are just thankful to be a part of her life and help her to grow up with good influences and give her love.