Fun Friday–A Movie Meme

Friday, March 11, 2011

A couple of years ago, I filled out a meme all about reading: what’s on the TBR pile, what we’ve read recently, what we’ve borrowed, etc. So, I thought I would adjust it for my other favorite pasttime. Feel free to use this on your blog, just be sure to leave me a comment with a link. Or, just post your answers in your comment!

Netflix Discs I Have at Home:
1. (Just mailed Toy Story 3 back today)
2. Wild Target

First five movies in my Netflix DVD queue:
1. Tangled (releases 3/29)
2. Ancient Mysteries: Camelot
3. The Expendables
4. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
5. Get Low

The last five movies I’ve watched at home:
1. Toy Story 3 (Netflix rental)
2. Meet Me in St. Louis (I own it)
3. Stardust (I own it)
4. The Family Stone (Netflix rental)
5. Red (I own it)

The last three movies I’ve seen at the theater:
1. Beastly
2. The Eagle
3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

The last two documentaries/nonfiction films I’ve watched:
1. Monarchy: Series 1 (streaming on Netflix)
2. The Captains of the Final Frontier (on Bio Channel)

Three upcoming new releases I may go see at the theater:
1. Red Riding Hood (opens today)
2. Jane Eyre (supposedly opening in Nashville April 1)
3. The Conspirator (supposedly opening April 15–but listed as “limited”)

One film I’ve seen recently that surprised me by how much I enjoyed it:
Clash of the Titans

1. Friday, March 11, 2011 7:24 am

I tried to watch Get Low twice, but it kept losing my attention. I just could NOT get into it. Bored me to no end. Curious to hear what you think.

2. Friday, March 11, 2011 9:26 am

Fun, indeed. Lots to take in. Have to say I did not see most of the movies. Will seek them out. Thanks.

3. Friday, March 11, 2011 11:34 am

I don’t see many movies AT the theater, but wait until I get them at the library, or on Netflix streaming through the Wii.

Here are the last few movies I’ve watched at home, though:
    1. The Social Network (Library) I enjoyed it, and it wasn’t really what I expected.
    2. The A-Team (Library) I love a good action-adventure flick.
    3. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (Netflix streaming) Matthew McConaughey. ‘Nuff said? 🙂

Movies I would love to see at the theater:
    1. The King’s Speech
    2. The Adjustment Bureau
    3. Unknown

• Friday, March 11, 2011 3:02 pm

I still haven’t seen The King’s Speech, but I have already pre-ordered the DVD from Amazon.

4. Friday, March 11, 2011 12:36 pm

I haven’t seen previews for The Conspirator…but MAN!!! That looks like a great movie!

5. Friday, March 11, 2011 2:43 pm

I’m looking forward to seeing “The Grace Card” (in theaters now) and “Courageous” (coming in September).

I saw an ad the other day for a movie that looked interesting, but I can’t remember the name of it. Something about a guy who takes a pill and suddenly knows everything or can see the future or something. Obviously, I was paying lots of attention to the ad. Anyway, it looked like it might be good.

6. Friday, March 11, 2011 5:03 pm

I dont go to the cinema its been over 2 years, we do occasionally have films here but I dont go often.
    I have seen some on tv but not alot. I did se a couple of the plane from Hawaii or was it to not sure one was a animated which was good but read most of the way back.
    I have a few here i will rewatch at times.
    netflex and bigpond movies cost to much for me to use. the lowest is to get around 2 a week around $20 or 2 a month around $10.
    I have been watching more tv series and brought more back with me.

7. Friday, March 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Netflix Discs I Have at Home:
    1. The Mentalist, Season 2: Disk 4

First five movies in my Netflix DVD queue (I’m going with “disks” not “movies”):
    1. The Mentalist, Season 2: disk 5
    2. What a Girl Wants
    3. Something New (because I’d like to see Simon Baker in another role)
    4. In Search of Ancient Ireland
    5. Leverage, Season 1: disk 1

The last five movies I’ve watched at home:
    1. The Journey of August King
    2. Toy Story 3
    3. The Fellowship of the Ring
    4. The Two Towers
    5. The Return of the King
    6. (should be seeing Secretariat tonight, if Brian remembers to rent it)

The last three movies I’ve seen at the theater:
    1. The Eagle
    2. The King’s Speech
    3. Tangled

The last two documentaries/nonfiction films I’ve watched:
    1. Lewis & Clark
    2. Horatio’s Drive: America’s First Road Trip

Three upcoming new releases I may go see at the theater:
    1. Jane Eyre
    (can’t think of another one)

8. Saturday, March 12, 2011 12:08 am

Looking forward to seeing Jane Eyre and The King’s Speech.
    Last movies I saw were The Duchess and Life as we know it.
    Last movie I saw in the theater was The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
    Last movie I can’t get out of my head is BBC North & South. Enjoyed Wives & Daughters recently too.

9. Audrey permalink
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 9:31 pm

I don’t have Netflix, so i’m going to use my library que:
    1. An american Girl: Chrissa stands strong
    2. Tangled

Last movies watched at home:
    1. Princess and the Frog
    2. Lilo & Stitch
    3. Somewhere In Time
    4. Beauty and the Beast
    5. Ever After

Movies at the Theater:
    1. Tangled
    2. Country Strong
    (no idea what I saw before those..maybe Sound Of Music sing-along back in October)

Non-fiction/Doc I watched:
    -Waking Sleeping Beauty (haven’t finished it yet, but it’s interesting to this Disney nerd)
    -Undiscovered Walt Disney World

Movies I want to see:
    1. Red Riding Hood
    2. Lord Of The Dance 3-D (if you count that as a movie)