Fun Friday–What Punctuation Are You?

Friday, February 25, 2011

It’s been a busy week, so you’ll have to forgive me for copping out today and posting a Blogthings quiz.

Go take the quiz and then come back and post your answer! Is it right? Wrong?

You Are a Comma

You are open minded and extremely optimistic.
You enjoy almost all facets of life. You can find the good in almost anything.

You keep yourself busy with tons of friends, activities, and interests.
You find it hard to turn down an opportunity, even if you are pressed for time.

Your friends find you fascinating, charming, and easy to talk to.
(But with so many competing interests, you friends do feel like you hardly have time for them.)

You excel in: Inspiring people

You get along best with: The Question Mark

I don’t know about the whole “open minded” bit and the “extremely optimistic” part couldn’t be further from the truth. As for the rest of it . . . pretty close to the mark.

It’ll be interesting to find out who’s a question mark to see with whom I’m supposed to get along best! ๐Ÿ˜€

1. Jill W permalink
    Friday, February 25, 2011 5:30 am

I’m a dash. I thought for sure I would be a big ole question mark!

• Friday, February 25, 2011 9:39 am

Had to go in and look this one up (it’s amazing how quickly one can come up with the alternate results jut by clicking on random answers!):

Your life is fast paced and varied. You are realistic, down to earth, and very honest.
      You’re often busy doing something interesting, and what you do changes quickly.

You have many facets to your personality, and you connect them together well.
      You have a ton of interests. While some of them are a bit offbeat, they all tie together well.

You friends rely on you to bring novelty and excitement to their lives.
      (And while you’re the most interesting person they know, they can’t help feeling like they don’t know you well.)

You excel in: Anything to do with money

You get along best with: the Exclamation Point

2. Friday, February 25, 2011 6:01 am

I’m a comma. It’s fairly accurate. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Friday, February 25, 2011 9:39 am

Yay–another comma! Maybe that’s why we love to use them so much in our writing? ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. Friday, February 25, 2011 6:40 am

You Are a Colon
    You are very orderly and fact driven.
    You aren’t concerned much with theories or dreams… only what’s true or untrue.

You are brilliant and incredibly learned. Anything you know is well researched.
    You like to make lists and sort through things step by step. You aren’t subject to whim or emotions.

Your friends see you as a constant source of knowledge and advice.
    (But they are a little sick of you being right all of the time!)

You excel in: Leadership positions

You get along best with: The Semi-Colon

(I would say this is somewhat accurate)

• Friday, February 25, 2011 9:40 am

Hmmm . . . now that I read this result, I’m surprised I didn’t get this one. This one is even more like me than the Comma result!

4. Friday, February 25, 2011 6:42 am

OMG!!!! I”m a comma and it describes me!!!!

This was fun ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Friday, February 25, 2011 7:52 am

I’m a big question mark!

• Friday, February 25, 2011 9:45 am

You Are a Question Mark
      You seek knowledge and insight in every form possible. You love learning.
      And while you know a lot, you don’t act like a know it all. You’re open to learning you’re wrong.

You ask a lot of questions, collect a lot of data, and always dig deep to find out more.
      You’re naturally curious and inquisitive. You jump to ask a question when the opportunity arises.

Your friends see you as interesting, insightful, and thought provoking.
      (But they’re not always up for the intense inquisitions that you love!)

You excel in: Higher education

You get along best with: The Comma

• Friday, February 25, 2011 10:53 am

I’m sorta surprised I didn’t get this one.

Oh yeah, it’s the not acting like a know it all. Trust me I can act like a know it all. I fight against it on most days.

6. Jackie S. permalink
    Friday, February 25, 2011 8:51 am

I think I am a Comma!! What fun!

7. Audry permalink
    Friday, February 25, 2011 9:25 am

I am a colon.

You are very orderly and fact driven.
    You aren’t concerned much with theories or dreams… only what’s true or untrue.

You are brilliant and incredibly learned. Anything you know is well researched.

Your friends see you as a constant source of knowledge and advice.
    (But they are a little sick of you being right all of the time!)

You excel in: Leadership positions

You get along best with: The Semi-Colon

I’m surprised, cause I had a little trouble deciding on the BEST answer for some of the questions, but I think it’s fairly accurate. I don’t know about “brilliant and incredibly learned, but most of my friends would roll their eyes and agree with BOTH lines of this description:

Your friends see you as a constant source of knowledge and advice.
    (But they are a little sick of you being right all of the time!)

Also, I am a reluctant leader, but will always step up if no one else does, so I guess that part is fairly accurate also.

Interesting quiz. I should have my husband take it and see if he’s a semi-colon ๐Ÿ˜›

• Friday, February 25, 2011 9:46 am

I think I need to take this quiz again, because the more times I read this description, the more I believe I picked the wrong answers the first time around!

8. Leigha permalink
    Friday, February 25, 2011 9:35 am

Hmmmm I think I would be more an exclamation point! =)

• Friday, February 25, 2011 9:37 am

I haven’t seen that option come up. Did you take the quiz and get that answer or are you guessing?? ๐Ÿ™‚

• Friday, February 25, 2011 9:47 am

Here’s the description:

You Are An Exclamation Point
      You are a bundle of… well, something.
      You’re often a bundle of joy, passion, or drama.

You’re loud, brash, and outgoing. If you think it, you say it.
      Definitely not the quiet type, you really don’t keep a lot to yourself.

You’re lively and inspiring. People love to be around your energy.
      (But they do secretly worry that you’ll spill their secrets without even realizing it.)

You excel in: Public speaking

You get along best with: the Dash

9. Friday, February 25, 2011 9:53 am

OK, I’m a comma, too! I’m glad I’m in good company. ๐Ÿ™‚ And reading the “question mark” description is like reading a description of my husband, so I guess it’s all good! LOL

10. Sarah R permalink
    Friday, February 25, 2011 9:55 am

It is funny how changing a few answers can alter what you are. At first, the quiz said I was a dash, which after reading the analysis, I knew that I was not. I changed a couple of responses and came up with the comma which fits me way better. I think the reason why my initial analysis was wrong was because I was trying to decide between two responses and I must have chosen the ‘wrong’ ones. ; )

• Sarah R permalink
      Friday, February 25, 2011 9:56 am

It’s funny because my husband took the quiz too and he is the question mark which fit him perfectly. Now I know that I’m the comma.

11. Friday, February 25, 2011 10:39 am

I came up as an exclamation point. I consider myself reserved, but the description fits when I’m with people I know. I am passionate about things and energetic, and I do enjoy public speaking and am even in Toastmasters

12. Friday, February 25, 2011 12:09 pm

I’m a comma too. I think for the most part if fits pretty well. Although currently I’ve not been as busy as I have in the past.

13. Leah permalink
    Friday, February 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Well I took the quiz and it said I was an Exclamation Point.

You are a bundle of… well, something.
    You’re often a bundle of joy, passion, or drama.

You’re loud, brash, and outgoing. If you think it, you say it.
    Definitely not the quiet type, you really don’t keep a lot to yourself.

You’re lively and inspiring. People love to be around your energy.

You excel in: Public speaking

You get along best with: the Dash

This doesn’t really sound like me so I think I need to retake it.
    So…..

14. Leah permalink
    Friday, February 25, 2011 2:44 pm

Well I took it like THREE times!
    But I think I most sounds like the question mark….
    Who knows though!?
    It was fun!!:)

15. Friday, February 25, 2011 6:50 pm

I am NOT a comma! I am an exclamation point!!!!!!

16. Robin in NC permalink
    Friday, February 25, 2011 6:58 pm

Coma…not! I’m more of a question mark.

• Robin in NC permalink
      Friday, February 25, 2011 7:10 pm

Whoops…comma, not coma!!

17. Sandy A permalink
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 12:05 am

I’m a question mark and, yes, it really does describe me well. I guess we need to get together and hang out! ๐Ÿ™‚

18. Saturday, February 26, 2011 7:40 pm

Im a comma but I dont think it really is right for me.
    the first part maybe but I dont have tons of friends,

• Lady DragonKeeper permalink
      Saturday, February 26, 2011 11:14 pm

I also got a colon …

“You Are a Colon
      You are very orderly and fact driven.
      You aren’t concerned much with theories or dreams… only what’s true or untrue.

You are brilliant and incredibly learned. Anything you know is well researched.

Your friends see you as a constant source of knowledge and advice.
      (But they are a little sick of you being right all of the time!)

You excel in: Leadership positions

You get along best with: The Semi-Colon ”

I think this isn’t quite how I am, but it’s more like who I’d strive to be … it’s a fun quiz though. =)

Trackbacks

1. Tweets that mention Fun Fridayโ€“What Punctuation Are You? ยซ KayeDacus.com -- Topsy.com