Fun Friday–Site Seeing in Charleston

Friday, July 16, 2010

As part of my book signing/wedding trip to Charleston, S.C., one of the things I wanted to do was see the old part of the city. So Mom and I took a couple of hours on Thursday morning to walk around downtown:

At the suggestion of a friend, we had lunch at The Buccaneer, a pirate-themed restaurant on Faber Street, just one block southeast of the old market. I had the lobster macaroni & cheese and Mom had the shrimp and grits. Both were FABULOUS!

Click here to view the entire slide show.

We were going to go to Boone Hall Plantation (better known to many of you as Mount Royal from the Civil War miniseries North and South) but the road was blocked. So we’re going to go today instead.

1. Nancye Davis permalink
    Friday, July 16, 2010 12:18 am

You’ll LOVE Boone Hall Plantation! I went a long time ago and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to hearing what you think…….

Have fun!
    Nancye Davis

2. Lori Collins permalink
    Friday, July 16, 2010 12:44 am

Please post pictures of the plantation! I love North and South!

3. Friday, July 16, 2010 2:25 am

The photos are great. I am so envious as I sit here putting off going to bed, knowing I’ll have to get up and clean house tomorrow–ugg. I live vicariously through you. Have a great time. Don’t let me down. 🙂

4. Kav permalink
    Friday, July 16, 2010 6:28 am

I had heard Charleston was beautiful — now I see why. Wonderful pictures. Definitely has the feel of romance to it, doesn’t it? And your bridge video — awesome. It really looks futuristic in places.

5. Friday, July 16, 2010 7:03 am

I haven’t been to Charleston since I was a kid…great pictures!

6. Leah permalink
    Friday, July 16, 2010 8:37 am

Wow, the city is beautiful! The pictures are really good.
    Have tons of fun!

7. Friday, July 16, 2010 8:56 am

How beautiful! I wanna go!!

8. Friday, July 16, 2010 9:34 am

Great photos – but then Charleston is definitely photogenic, isn’t it? Sigh. I love it there. There aren’t may places outside of KY that my husband says he could retire to, but Charleston is one of them. Did you go to the Waterfront Park and see the pineapple fountain? Or see the huge houses on the Battery? If not, they are a must-see. A good friend of mine works for a man who has owned one of those houses, and she said the maintenance was continuous there on the water. But so worth it! Take a carriage ride if you can. They say every tour is different, and the tour guides have to pass a pretty stringent test to be able to even BE a guide!

Have fun!!

9. Friday, July 16, 2010 3:54 pm

Home, Sweet Home. Welcome to town!