Just One of Those Days

Monday, July 28, 2008

I’m sure everyone’s been wondering where my Monday post is . . . well, it’s just been “one of those days.” Though I did sleep in this morning, and though I did have a good weigh-in at Weight Watchers this afternoon, I then went to go through emissions inspection so that I can renew my tags by the end of the month . . . and, naturally, my car failed inspection. But, at least it wasn’t anything major—just the gas cap that needed to be replaced as it’s apparently kind of worn down (imagine that, on a nine-year-old car!). So I ran over to the neighborhood O’Reilley’s Autoparts store and bought a new one (less than $10). But now I’ll have to go back to the MARTA station tomorrow and sit in line in the blazing heat to get it re-inspected.

A little bit of exciting news: I got final changes on Stand-In Groom back from the copy editor today! So I’ll be working on those changes this afternoon and tomorrow, with my goal in mind to have everything back to her by the end of the (working) day tomorrow. I said I wasn’t going to put myself on a “working” schedule this week, but she has a deadline of August 1 to get everything turned in to Barbour, so I want her to have as much time as she can to get all of the changes incorporated into the manuscript so that I’m not stressing her out by taking too long to get everything done.

On the contest front: The entries for the Grand Prize drawing went out to the team of anonymous judges yesterday. They’re supposed to be getting back to me with their top three picks by tonight and hopefully from that, there will be a clear winner. Don’t forget—if you entered but you aren’t the grand-prize winner, you’ll still be entered for the drawing for one of the four remaining prizes!

I’ve just pulled together the playlist of all of the songs and as I’m working on edits today and tomorrow, I’ll be burning the CDs so that they’ll be ready to drop into the mail Thursday.

And that’s pretty much all I can think of to write about today. So someone else start a conversation and then we’ll all join in!

1. Monday, July 28, 2008 3:05 pm

I don’t really have a topic, because its 4pm and the brain is close to fried, but thanking God your inspection was held up by something minor.

That’s my refrain for the day. I will bless the Lord at all times…

And glad you had a good day at WW.

2. Monday, July 28, 2008 3:08 pm

You’re subject line is very appropriate. I feel like I’m having “one of those days” too…thankfully it’s on the downswing. I think part of my problem is being really overtired. 😛

Hopefully you’ll be able to breeze right in and out for the emissions retest!

And I so think you should post the “soundtrack” list to Stand-In Groom when you announce the contest winners. 🙂

3. Amy permalink
    Monday, July 28, 2008 3:48 pm

Kaye, hope your car emissions test goes better next time! Glad it’s nothing serious. Congratulations on your final proof for your book.

I have a topic idea: a friend of mine is writing a book to answer questions nonbelievers may have about heaven. Does anyone have any ideas?

I wrote a blog entry on this at http://amydeardon.blogspot.com/2008/07/heaven-at-pump.html

Heaven is certainly something wonderful to think about on a frustrating day, anyway 🙂

4. Monday, July 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Must be contagious – it’s one of those days for me, too! I’m having one of Karen’s goldfish days – NO FOCUS.

I did accomplish something major today though – I found a MAJOR continuity problem with my WIP and was able to correct it with just a few major tweaks. No one had caught it, and I just sort of stumbled on it, trying to get motivated.

But it is Monday, right? So tomorrow WILL be better??

5. Monday, July 28, 2008 4:07 pm

Happy “Monday is almost over”, everyone! I have a comment for Amy and any others interested in Heaven. Get the book Heaven by Randy Alcorn. It is the best I have ever read on the subject and he covers lots and lots of questions people ask.

6. Monday, July 28, 2008 4:13 pm

Monday…last week seemed to have more than its fair share of Mondays, but today is not going too bad…except that I had a diet soda with caffeine last night at supper and was awake until 3 am. 😦

7. Monday, July 28, 2008 5:03 pm

I suffered through watching Walle with my kids today. And I do mean suffered. I think I would have rather been in an inspection line.

8. Emilie permalink
    Monday, July 28, 2008 7:42 pm

I got my web site up and running today! I actually managed to make a few changes without my husband here to help, which makes me proud:) Check it out:

9. Monday, July 28, 2008 8:54 pm

Today was a great day. My b’day. I’ll have one of those days tomorrow.

10. Monday, July 28, 2008 11:37 pm

Happy Birthday, CJ!! May you NOT have one of those days tomorrow – as a birthday present! 🙂

This is a great week for birthdays – mine is Friday!

11. Tuesday, July 29, 2008 2:36 am

So The Dark Knight was pretty awesome, huh? You know what else is awesome? WALL-E.

But anyway, I want to read all of the grand-prize submissions regardless of who makes the top three.

Just because I have a tendency to get that bored.

And happy birthday to CJ.

12. greyfort permalink
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 7:44 am

{{Hugs}} Kaye – I’ve been having an off week – there must be something going around 😦

13. Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:17 am

Kaye, I just saw the cover for your book–it’s wonderful! Congrats.

14. Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:18 am

I sent the pre-order link to everyone I know 😀 And I’ll send it out again when it’s out, reminding (bugging) people to buy the book 😀 And I’ve had my friends pass it on to their friends…doing what I can 🙂

Can’t wait to read Stand-In-Groom – I’ve still only heard the portion you read at your thesis reading!!! I’m dying to read the entire thing!

15. Wednesday, July 30, 2008 6:45 am

I just saw the cover up on your site for Stand-In Groom (yes I’m slow, I have been busy in my defense) I love it! I’m a big fan of covers with NO FACES 😀 I like to get my own image, not be given one.