Fun Friday–A Movie Meme

Friday, June 1, 2007

fun-friday.jpg

Does it seem like my Fun Friday topics have leaned toward movies a lot recently? Well, that’s probably because after writing, watching movies is one of my favorite things to do.

A couple of days ago, I filled out a meme on Erica‘s blog–it was all about reading: what’s on the TBR pile, what we’ve read recently, what we’ve borrowed, etc. So, I thought I would adjust it for my other favorite pasttime. Feel free to use this on your blog, just be sure to leave me a comment with a link. Or, just post your answers in your comment!

First five movies in my Netflix queue:
1. Miss Potter
2. Middlemarch
3. Children of Men
4. Night at the Museum
5. Happy Feet

The last five movies I’ve watched at home:
1. The Illusionist (very good–reminded me of an M. Night Shyamalan movie)
2. Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (I own it)
3. Freedom Writers (from Netflix–good, but Stand & Deliver was better)
4. The Queen (from Netflix–better than I expected)
5. Dreamgirls (the night I bought it)

The last three movies I’ve seen at the theater:
1. Pirates of the Caribbean 3
2. Amazing Grace
3. Dreamgirls

The last documentaries/nonfiction films I’ve watched:
1. Unseen Worlds (a PBS documentary about microbiology–my mom is so proud!)
2. An Inconvenient Truth

Three upcoming new releases I’ll go see at the theater:
1. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (July 13)
2. The Bourne Ultimatum (August 3)
3. Becoming Jane (August 3)

The one film I think everyone should see at least once:
Farenheit 911

1. Friday, June 1, 2007 1:42 pm

First five movies in my Netflix queue:
    Don’t use Netflix but they just offered me a free trial period so maybe I’ll check it out.

The last five movies I’ve watched at home:
    Don’t watch many so the only ones I can remember are The Gospel, Pirates of the Caribbean–the 2nd one I think (well, really dh watched while I read and fell asleep); and Open Season.

The last three movies I’ve seen at the theater:
    1. Spiderman 3
    2. Dreamgirls
    3. TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

The last documentaries/nonfiction films I’ve watched:
    1. An Inconvenient Truth

Three upcoming new releases I’ll go see at the theater:
    1. Sherk The Third (already released but I promised so it’s next)
    2. Fantastic Four
    3. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (July 13)

The one film I think everyone should see at least once:
    Pay It Forward — for the message

2. carolcollett permalink
    Friday, June 1, 2007 9:54 pm

We cancelled our Netflix subscription after we had two DVDs on the coffee table for 2 months. I can’t name the last five movies I watched at home, but the last one was Reign of Fire (repeat-I love that movie-I’m weird.) Before that was Monte Python and the Holy Grail, History of the World Part 1-can’t recommend it-very raunchy. I can’t even tell you the last movie I saw at the theater-we just don’t go. We watch Bizarre Foods on the Travel Channel-it’s a documentary, right? I can’t think of any upcoming movies I just have to see in the theater. Daniel and I both love to watch movies and go to the theater, we’re just way too busy.

3. carolcollett permalink
    Friday, June 1, 2007 9:55 pm

Oh-the one film I think everyone should see at least once-Bull Durham.

4. Saturday, June 2, 2007 10:48 am

Last three movies I have seen at the Theatre
    Night at the Museum
    Stranger than Fiction
    One Night with the King

Last Documentary/non-fiction film I watched
    March of the Penguins

Three movies I’ll go see at the theatre
    I can’t think of any for sure

One film I think everyone should see at least once:
    Gone with the Wind

5. Saturday, June 2, 2007 5:17 pm

1. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (July 13)
    2. The Bourne Ultimatum (August 3)

–> Yeah I’ll probably be seeing those in theater too 🙂 I don’t go that often to the movies but there are a lot I want to see lately. Another one my sister and I are going to see in theater is the Fantastic Four Sequel (Yes I liked the first 🙂 And yes I’ll probably like the second. I’ve got this thing about superheroes–so long as it isn’t spider man.)

6. Monday, June 4, 2007 9:26 am

I soooooo want to see Night at the Museum & The Queen. The Illusionist looks good, too.

7. Monday, June 4, 2007 11:55 am

Am I the only one not on Netflix? I want to see the Queen too. Sadly, there are so few movies that I can watch without feeling convicted. About half the time I end up turning them off halfway through, or falling asleep.

8. Caleb Abel permalink
    Saturday, June 16, 2007 5:52 am

Oops, half of this response was meant for THIS post, not the “Heartthrobs” one. Here’s the relevent half; the other half was, oddly enough, in response to one of the comments on the previous “Fun Friday”:

If you’re into documentaries (I see you’re obviously a fan of Moore, though I think Farenheit 911 was more an entertaining 2 hour montage than a real documentary), but you should DEFINITELY check out Moore’s latest film, Sicko. It’s technically not out yet, but I snagged a pre-release, and I must say it’s brilliant. Be sure to check it out if you get a chance. It’s about the state of the health system in America and considering both myself and my family have been blessed with generally good health, I found it mind-blowing.