Book (Partially) Read in 2016: ‘Secrets of a Proper Lady’ by Victoria Alexander (1 star, DNF)
Lady Cordelia Bannister refuses to wed the man she has not chosen herself, no matter what her father decrees. So, pretending to be her own companion, she seeks out information about the designated groom by meeting with his secretary — a man who soon beguiles her. But Lady Cordelia doesn’t know the truth — the man she can’t resist is really her intended, Daniel Sinclair.
My GR Status Update(s):
04/13. . .marked as: currently-reading
04/21 . . .25.0%
04/30. . .42.0% DNFing at 42%. Finally giving up on this one when the author had the heroine, who is supposed to be an experienced travel writer with articles being published in all the British papers and magazines, call the Great Exhibition of 1851 the Great Exposition. This isn’t the only problem with this book, but it is the one that finally gave me the excuse I needed to stop forcing myself to try to finish it.
04/30. . .marked as: read
The status update says it all.
My rating matrix:
5 STARS = one of the best I’ve ever read
4 STARS = a great read, highly recommended
3 STARS = it was okay
2 STARS = I didn’t enjoy it all that much, not recommended
1 STAR = DNF (did not finish)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)