Blogging through ‘Scene and Structure’ by Jack Bickham
The majority have spoken, and the book chosen for our first Blogging Through . . . series is Scene and Structure by Jack Bickham.
As mentioned before, I picked books that are available at most major public libraries, as well as through services like Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited (if you’re a Prime Member and/or KU subscriber). If you do not want to purchase the book immediately (you’ll probably want to pick it up before the series is over, though, because there will be a lot in it that we can’t cover here), you can check it out from your library or through KU—my public library system has it in both hard copy and ebook format.
So go ahead and pick up your copy of it. Your first assignment is to read Chapter 1, “The Structure of Modern Fiction,” by Monday 7/18 and be prepared to discuss your insights, revelations, quibbles, and questions next week.
If you want to go ahead and start posting your questions, thoughts, or ideas about the book or this project, go ahead and do so below!
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)