Book-Talk Monday: Summer reading lists

Monday, May 27, 2013

Next week is our regular day to check in with our reading reports from the past month, and I always ask what’s next on your TBR pile. Usually, none of us know for sure what we’re going to pick up next—for the most part, for me, it really is just whatever sounds interesting at the moment I’m looking for something new to read.

But today, before we get to that next week, I want to talk about something we’ve all probably been hearing—if not thinking—about for a few weeks now . . .

Summer Reading Lists
Now, if your life is anything like mine, summer is no less busy than any other time of the year. But we do tend to take vacations or spend more time relaxing pool- or lakeside in the warmer months, which means more time to read. So that’s what I’d like to talk about today.

What books will you make time to read this summer?
Do you already have some picked out?

For our friends down south—I mean WAY down south in New Zealand and Australia and elsewhere—since you’re getting ready to enter the winter months, does that mean more time for reading? Do you have any books you’d really like to read in the next few months?

1. Patty permalink
    Monday, May 27, 2013 10:17 am

I have lots of books in my TBR pile, but Unwritten by Charles Martin is on the top of my list for when I hit the beach at Hilton head Island coming up in June!

2. Janella permalink
    Monday, May 27, 2013 1:28 pm

I’m looking forward to receiving my copy of Follow the Heart so I can start it this summer. The Love Inspired Historical line is releasing around four regencies over the next few months that I plan to read.

Whispers from the Shadows by Roseanna White is also on my to-read pile for later this summer.

3. Dora permalink
    Monday, May 27, 2013 8:43 pm

I know that The Great Gatsby is on my list. I wish to read it, prior to seeing the movie. Also, I have discovered a new author, Siri Mitchell and will probably spend time reading the books I have read, as of yet. I plan to read Stealing the Preacher, by Karen Witemeyer and of course, Follow the Heart. Other than that, anything that strikes my fancy.

• Janella permalink
      Monday, May 27, 2013 10:35 pm

I’m glad you mentioned Stealing the Peacher, just started reading it.

• Dora permalink
        Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Did you read Short-Straw Bride. It is the first in the series.

• Janella permalink
          Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:01 pm

Oh yes! and I actually just read it for a second time before staring Crockett’s story.

4. Amber permalink
    Monday, May 27, 2013 11:51 pm

The Ocean Breeze series by Sherryl Woods is on my list. The series has 3 titles with one releasing each month in April, May, & June, so I’m excited to read each one without having to wait! I also plan on reading Follow the Heart, Back Home Again by Melody Carlson, Truffles by the Sea by Julie Carobini, Secrets over Sweet Tea by Denise Hildreth Jones, The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter, and Sugar Rush by Donna Kauffman.

5. Friday, May 31, 2013 12:02 am

I have a small list…

Robert Ludlum’s “The Utopia Experiment”
    Tamara Leigh’s “Leaving Carolina”
    Stephen White’s “The Program”
    Robert Crais’ “The Watchman”
    Jodie Bailey’s “Freefall”
    Stephen King’s “On Writing” (for probably the tenth time)

and when it pops up on my Kindle July 2nd…Steven James’ “The King” (and yes, I’m having trouble waiting for that one!!!!)