Thursday Thought Provoker

Thursday, March 8, 2012

1. Thursday, March 8, 2012 2:04 am

facebook! some games like bejewelled plus just facebook. Tv is another time waster for me but for the most part its the internet.

2. debra permalink
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 4:51 am

Internet browsing …
    Facebook and twitter reading when I’m procrastinating. But I really don’t do that a lot. Now that ive lost my job I find I watch more streaming netflix– or rather I waste a lot of time browsing for something to catch my eye (feel like I need to get my $8.00 worth)

I have a kindle fire and a recliner. A perfect combination

I actually spend most of my day writing or revising. Really! !

3. Thursday, March 8, 2012 7:44 am

Facebook! I get on and then start browsing and playing a game (only play one- I don’t trust myself to do more than one) or I get on pinterest and my evening is gone. I can also watch tv and find myself lost in a show, so that is just as bad. Most nights, I just need an escape after putting the kids to bed, but I should be writing instead of vegging out. 🙂

4. Thursday, March 8, 2012 8:32 am

Gardens of Time and Blackwood & Bell on facebook. Creating virtual worlds.

5. Dora permalink
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 10:02 am

Words with Friends. It can go everywhere, since it is on Facebook, my phone and tablet. Facebook games–especially hidden picture games and bubble games.

• Thursday, March 8, 2012 10:12 am

Dora, WWF is my addiction (one of them, like Downton and carbs and costume dramas and more carbs). I explain it all away as… it helps me with my writing and fends off Alzheimers.
      not a time waster!

• Thursday, March 8, 2012 4:03 pm

I play WWF also and cos it wants me to pay I have to put up with adds all the time. I find I do waste alot of time there but there were games like fronterville just took to long to load and wasted so much time. I did join up gardens of time and another but found the same thing. The 2 I mostly play now dont take as long.

6. Thursday, March 8, 2012 10:34 am

facebook. and tv re-runs of shows i’ve already seen — like that nightly ‘big bang theory’ episode i get caught up in while making/eating dinner

7. Rachel Wilder permalink
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 2:19 pm

Right now it’s all the Saints Bountygate stuff. I keep finding myself clicking on link after link and reading all over the place. It’s unbelievable, especially on the Vikings fan sites with them calling for our Super Bowl to be taken away because Brett Favre was hit so hard. The Super Bowl as a home game could be in serious jeopardy.

8. Ann Street permalink
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 6:18 pm

Facebook most definitely! My husband would say reading my Kindle, but I strongly disagree with that. =)

9. Friday, March 9, 2012 3:56 am

Blogs. And Facebook. And Spider Solitare.

10. Misty permalink
    Friday, March 9, 2012 8:42 am

I can get lost trolling around Amazon and fantastic fiction looking for new releases and coming soon books. TV is easy to time waster, especially in the evening when it’s been a long day. Last night I actually watched the farm channel for two hours because I didn’t want to move. I didn’t even know there was a farm channel!! I know if I have things to do I need to get them done before I crash for the evening.

11. Friday, March 9, 2012 2:57 pm

Angry Birds is my downfall. I’m pretty sure I would be infinitely more productive had this cursed game not been invented. Hours melt away and my wife sometimes forgets she has a husband.