Where Have You Been?

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Erica posted this on her blog yesterday, and I thought it looked like fun:

visited 27 states (54%)
Create your own visited map of The United States

The states I’ve lived in are Louisiana (where I was born, spent most of my childhood summers, and went to college), Alaska, New Mexico, Virginia, and Tennessee. In addition to these states, I also worked in Washington D.C. for a year, in addition to doing the tourist thing there many times.

Next month, I can add Minnesota, and I hope to be adding a visit to Michigan soon too.

1. Wednesday, August 6, 2008 6:49 am

I’ve crossed a few fields (17) but not as many as you. Looks like you need to add New England to your trip roster

2. Wednesday, August 6, 2008 9:04 am

I’m only at 10%! LOL!

3. Wednesday, August 6, 2008 9:38 am

Compared to you and Erica (and everyone else) I sure don’t get out much.

4. Wednesday, August 6, 2008 1:57 pm

Well, I’m close – I’ve been to 26 states! I want to get to all of them at some point!

I’ve also been to three other countries – I spent about 24 hours in Paris (gotta go back), layover in Germany, and a week in Italy. I loved all of it!

Fun post.

Oh – and flipped on the tv today to take a break from the computer, and some soap was on showing the mansion on the cover of your book! 🙂 I did a double-take and told my dog that was “Kaye’s house!” She was impressed!

5. Wednesday, August 6, 2008 2:09 pm

Fun! You’ve been lots of places!

I also did a doubletake when I saw that mansion on tv during a PBS special this week. I grabbed the CD you sent and told my daughter to take a look, Kaye’s house was on tv. 🙂

6. Wednesday, August 6, 2008 2:11 pm

“told my dog that was ‘Kaye’s house!'”

LOL–I wish. I’ve been to Oak Alley plantation many times in my life (it’s southeast of Baton Rouge on the River Road that runs along the Mississippi between BR and New Orleans. The most interesting thing about that house is that (compared to other plantations like Nottoway at 53,000 square feet!) it’s relatively small on the inside for how grand it looks on the outside. If Oak Alley’s around 3,200 square feet inside, and the porches extend about 13-feet from the walls of the house all the way around.

7. Thursday, August 7, 2008 9:15 am

29 states for me (58%), that I’m sure of. There’s a couple I might have been through as a toddler, but couldn’t recall for sure. Thanks for posting that.

8. Friday, August 8, 2008 8:07 pm

I’m sitting at 60%.

The northern midwest is stupid. People barely even live there, why should I visit?