Eight Random Things

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Yesterday I was tagged by Georgiana Daniels for 8 Random Things. Here are the rules:

1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules
3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Are you ready? Here are my 8 random things/habits:

1. For two years, I sang in a southern Gospel quartet that did several concerts around the Nashville area. I sang the high-tenor part, of course.

2. I have 1 sister (plus the brother-in-law appendage), 5 nephews, 1 niece, 1 grandmother still living, two parents married 42 years this coming December, 13 aunts and uncles, 21 first cousins, and 7 second cousins (or whatever you call my first cousins’ kids)–and I know all of them pretty well.

3. I have to have my coffee in the morning—and I like it with plenty of half-and-half and Splenda. But since I’m on the first week of Induction with Atkins this week, I’ve had to switch to tea, because I can’t afford the carbs in the half-and-half, and I’m limited to 3 packs of Splenda per day. So, I’m pretty grumpy about right now (that, plus the sugar withdrawal).

4. In an otherwise all-white-appliance kitchen, I have a RED microwave. I wanted PURPLE, but all Target had was RED and I was desperate.

5. I’ve been in love once in my life—about 15 years ago—but have never dated.

6. I started wearing glasses in 4th grade. I got contact lenses in 8th grade and wore those for 20+ years. I had my vision laser corrected in February 2005 and see a little better than 20/20 now.

7. I love wearing men’s button-down shirts–either over knit-pants/jeans lounging around the house or as an over-shirt/jacket. I’m currently wearing one as a jacket to ward off the chill of the air-conditioner here in the office. They have to be over-sized, though, which are hard for me to come by right now. That and the fact that if I’m going to wear one, I have to go out and buy it, because I don’t have a man at home I can steal one from.

8. I’ve never been kissed.

OK, now it’s your turn!

Ruth
Jennifer
Kristy
Patricia
Amy Jane
Austin
Josh
Tiff

Be sure to post a comment when you get yours posted!

1. Wednesday, May 9, 2007 1:02 pm

Ooo, no coffee. Couldn’t handle it. When I started Atkins I still allowed myself the coffee and cream, other than that I was totally strict. Do what works for you!

2. Wednesday, May 9, 2007 4:05 pm

Okay, I did this, but slightly different (because my friend all tagged me and she had 10 Random things.)

And then me being me, I changed it up and made 9 of my random facts true and 1 a lie and am having my friends guess which fact is the lie.

I’ve got contacts. My friend just had the laser correction and loves it. She’s kind of got me thinking about it…And call me odd, but I don’t like coffee 🙂 In fact about all I drink is water and OJ…Hey I never said I was normal!

3. Wednesday, May 9, 2007 5:31 pm

I’d LOVE to have a red microwave! How totally cool!

4. Wednesday, May 9, 2007 6:39 pm

Good luck with Atkins! I’m trying to get mentally prepared to do it again myself. First time, I lost about 25 lbs in two months. It crept back on pretty quickly once I stopped eating that way. But, since I know I’m carb-sensitive, it’s the only eating plan in the last 15years that has given me real results.

Hopping over to my blog to put up my 8 things. Come on over!

5. Wednesday, May 9, 2007 10:48 pm

Great eight! I loved the Atkin’s diet…it works!! I stayed on induction forever because the pounds just fell off and I couldn’t resist. My fave snack was fried mozzarella, and for that sweet fix, I’d sometimes mix cream cheese with splenda, just a couple spoonfuls. Yum. Of course, now they’re really warning people away from Splenda, so be careful!

6. Thursday, May 10, 2007 7:53 pm

All right, I’ve got mine posted on my blog. Thanks to Jennifer, I used the idea of 1 false fact as well. 🙂 Should be fun seeing which one gets picked.

Enjoy!

7. Thursday, May 10, 2007 11:28 pm

Well, here’s mine here, since I don’t do this sort of thing at my blog much. (I think you said to put them here, if I’d like…)

1. There’s only one thing I *really* want that I don’t have, and that’s a dog. I already have a nice guitar and Laptop, and those would have been my other really-wants for things.

2. Three kids in under 3 1/2 years. Wouldn’t have planned it, but loving it now. (Oldest is 4, youngest just turned 1.)

3. I buy things impulsively and only rarely regret it (*very* bad training) my fav example is a $500 camera I bought a year before I fell in love with (and declared my major in) photojournalism.

4. I love to sing and make music, and have received complements, but I always wonder how good I actually am– since my praise doesn’t generally come from other musicians.

5. If I want to kill an emotion I analyze it. Dissection is a usually effective way to kill something. (I have found exceptions, though.)

6. I always listen to the words of songs.

7. I was engaged for 3 months and married at the end of August, before classes restarted, and surprised a bunch of friends with it when they came back to college. (We knew each other several years before being engaged, but were never generally considered an “item.”)

8. Hmmm… I’d love to learn another language, but feel no actual draw to another culture. Tricky. Teachers (and textbooks) tend to mix those pretty thoroughly. May this is God’s way of telling me all my ministry is at home…?

8. Saturday, May 12, 2007 4:22 pm

Hi Kaye, could you send me an email? I’d like to respond to your 8 things in private. Thanks!