Open Mic Wednesday – 8/22/12

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It’s Open Mic Wednesday. What’s on your mind?

1. Christina permalink
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:56 pm

I can’t believe how fast this year is going. It just seems like I have blinked and the year is almost gone. I do love the fact that it is getting cooler and fall is my favorite season. It makes me think of all the things that I am thankful for. I am thankful for my friends, family and their health, my faith, love, smiles, laughter, fall evenings and wonderful books. At times lately, I’ve found that I complain way too much and don’t take enough time to think about and thank God for those things which I am thankful for. What are you thankful for?

• Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:42 pm

Christina, Im an Aussie and have to say loved yesterday cos it was a warmer day after so much rain and cold but today is back to wet wet wet! its been wetter this winter than for many years. Its also been constant cold is that makes sense, most years its up and down this year its been more of a constant temp.
      The main thing i am still thankful for is being alive. 8 weeks ago tomorrow i almost bled to death not that I knew at the time it was that serious but looking back it really was life and death and I am thankful for my friend who got the neighbours who came and got the ambulance and then cleaned up the mess for me. Very thankful for the drs and nursing staff and for the one DR who pushed that they operate here because that did save my life. I am thankful the GYN was in the town to deal with the issue. Very thankful for blood donors.
      I am now going to see how soon before I can donate blood and help save someone elses life.

• Michelle permalink
      Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:44 pm

I agree. I can’t believe it’s almost September.

• ausjenny permalink
        Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:51 pm

I lost July and cant believe august is almost gone.

2. ausjenny permalink
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:47 pm

How did you use to spend summer as a child?

Here its over Christmas so we had Christmas then Dad had holidays and we would go to where Mum’s family lived and stay with her father and brother. they lived the end of the main street and at the end of the block was the botanical gardens with a great playground and waterlily pond. We would go there most days to play and explore. We would also go on to my other cousins about another 2 hours away from here and go to some of the lakes for picnics and the bigger town for a day out. I remember one place there had an escalator my brother and i would go up and down it all the time. It was the first time we saw one and it was so exciting.

3. ausjenny permalink
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:50 pm

If you could go anywhere in the world for a break right now, cost etc not a problem where would you go/

Right now if cost and all other issues were not a problem right now I would go to Hawaii, because its warm! I am so over this cold winter but i love hawaii and my special drink container from there broke yesterday so I want a new one. but over all just want a break away from everything.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,427 other followers