Fun Friday–Summer Reading Promotion (i.e., RANSOME’S HONOR IS ON SALE FOR $2.99)
Today through Monday July 9, Ransome’s Honor will be featured as part of Harvest House’s Summer Reading promotion . . . meaning that it’s on sale in e-book format for only $2.99. (And even if you don’t have an e-reader device, you can download the Kindle app onto your smartphone or computer and read it with that).
Julia Witherington swore she would never fall in love after seeing her mother slowly fade away and eventually die while pining for her navy-officer husband. After her mother’s funeral, Julia accompanied her father back to England from Jamaica. Now, Julia desires nothing more than returning to Tierra Dulce, the sugar plantation that has been her home since childhood.
Royal Navy Captain William Ransome believes women are just a distraction, something that pulls men’s hearts away from their duty to King and country. But that hasn’t kept him from thinking Julia Witherington would make a perfect wife.
Forced by a conniving aunt and wastrel cousin into forging an arrangement to marry William Ransome to protect her inheritance—and return to Jamaica—Julia must set aside her prejudice and learn what love and honor really are.
Here’s what others have said about Ransome’s Honor:
- “Ransome’s Honor left me sneering at the bad guy and rooting for the good one, but still wasn’t sure how she would pull it off until the end.”
(Krista Phillips, author of Sandwich, with a Side of Romance)
“Captain William Ransome is a noble and admirable hero who distinguishes himself by his dedication and protective love.”
“I have only one complaint…..I couldn’t put it down.”
“Kaye Dacus did a wonderful job of whisking me back in time. Her attention to detail and descriptions is exceptional! I really enjoyed learning about the royal navy, and look forward to reading more. She did her homework with her research, and her writing. I am anxiously awaiting the next two novels in this series, as I have fallen in love with William Ransome, and Julia Witherington.”
“Needless to say, once you are drawn in, prepare to read the other two stories and let me tell you, each chapter and page just gets better and better!!”
If you’ve read Ransome’s Honor, what would you tell someone considering downloading it to read? (Try not to give any spoilers!)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)