Open Mic Wednesday 5/30/12

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It’s Open Mic Wednesday. What’s on your mind?

1. Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:26 am

I’m busy working on revisions and cleaning the house this week in preparation for my parents’ visit this weekend. So it’s up to y’all to come up with the discussion topics today . . .

2. Wednesday, May 30, 2012 10:17 am

a.)it is anne hathaway singing! she is a trained soprano. i am a bit of a les mis junkie. i read it once a year ( started at 14 —it was my introduction to literature) and have seen the musical 8 times: here in toronto, mostly, but when i was studying in england saw it in the west end and then saw it in new york. i think the casting is a little odd; but the production looks beautiful!

anyone else ADORE the book? favourite book of all time.

b.)my second discussion point of the day: MONROE (from Grimm)

c.) third, SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN!

• Wednesday, May 30, 2012 10:20 am

Monroe = adorablicious

• Wednesday, May 30, 2012 10:21 am

SWATH–Can’t WAIT to see this . . . but I must. My parents are going to be in town this weekend, which means I have to wait until next week/weekend to see it. But that’s okay—it just extends my birthday celebration that much longer!

• Wednesday, May 30, 2012 10:59 am

I’m going to see SWATH as a reward for getting my first manuscript turned in, which is due the 15th, so I won’t be seeing it this weekend either. But then, I can’t stand crowded theaters and rarely, if ever, see a movie on its opening weekend.

• Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:19 pm

I usually don’t like crowds, but it also depends on the crowd. We saw the Avengers midnight and the energy from the crowd was palpable. Saw it again the next evening–completely different experience.
          Also accounts for the experience of Snakes on a Plane. Wouldn’t have enjoyed it near as much if it hadn’t been for the rest of the people in the theater. We knew it was just going to be a popcorn flick, but a group of people knowing that and having fun anyway is just priceless.

I’m looking forward to SWATH, though I don’t know when we’ll see it.

• booktalkandmore permalink
      Wednesday, May 30, 2012 10:36 am

WHOOPS…duh Rachel already answered the Anne question. LOL!

I am so excited about this film…I’ve only seen the musical on stage once and it just blew me away!

3. Wednesday, May 30, 2012 12:54 pm

Anne Hathaway is rumored to be playing Judy Garland in a bio-pic. Nice to know she does have decent pipes, but she ain’t Judy!

4. Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Happy (early) birthday!

5. ausjenny permalink
    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:21 pm

I heard yesterday Lindsay Lohan is playing Elizabeth Taylor with Aussie Grant Bowler playing Richard Burton.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,338 other followers