Book-Talk Monday: Where Do You Read?

Monday, May 21, 2012

I know that for most of us, the answer is: anywhere I find myself with a book in my hands—that’s where I read. But let’s narrow this question a bit:

Do you have a certain chair, sofa, swing, rocker, etc., where you look forward to retiring to with a book (or your e-reader)? Is there a certain time of day that’s set aside just for reading in that special reading nook?

For me, it’s in bed at night. But that’s because I don’t have a reading nook like one of these in my home:

. . . .

. . . .

Where’s your favorite place
and what’s your favorite time to read?

1. Lucy Morgan-Jones permalink
    Monday, May 21, 2012 12:20 am

Hmm, for me, I like to read at night when the children have all gone to sleep. In winter that means its under the covers with the electric blanket making me all warm and snuggly. For summer, curled up in the comfy armchair or outside on the trampoline in the cool of twilight.

• ausjenny permalink
      Monday, May 21, 2012 1:57 am

Hey there Lucy nothing beats in bed with the electric blanket in the winter.

• Monday, May 21, 2012 3:15 am

I like the idea of a trampoline perch. :-)

2. ausjenny permalink
    Monday, May 21, 2012 2:00 am

On warmer days I like to sit in the sun on the front veranda in a cane chair or on the top step. if it gets to warm will move it to the back under the cover so I still have the warmth but not the sun. Even in Summer I tend to read in bed at night.

3. Monday, May 21, 2012 3:20 am

Usually the comfy chair in the living room. When it gets cooler, I might finally use the patio furniture.

4. Monday, May 21, 2012 6:03 am

Generally, I do most of my reading in our recliner or couch. The computer and my bed are two other places. My favorite place is outside on the front porch on our porch swing, on a bright, sunny day. With the wind playing the chimes, birds singing and the temperature seasonable.

5. chrissiedesign permalink
    Monday, May 21, 2012 9:57 am

I can’t do rockers or swings, as I tend to get motion sick (bleh… bane of existence for sure!) If I had a real reading nook, I’d definitely be there. As it stands with my current living conditions, I only have my bed, and at night (but I have a balcony room and get fussed at for lighting and often called away :P ).

6. jolanthe permalink
    Monday, May 21, 2012 12:44 pm

Anytime and anyplace that I can. I love reading at night though, before bed. It helps me unwind, relax and fall asleep. :)

7. Wiser now permalink
    Monday, May 21, 2012 2:55 pm

At home it is on the living room couch with my feet proped up on the coffee talbe. But I have to wait a lot for other people, such as keeping doctor appointments, transporting kids to games, etc.so I always take a book with me to read. I do a lot of that.

8. Liz permalink
    Monday, May 21, 2012 3:00 pm

That last picture is so gorgeous…would love to have a reading nook with a big window overlooking the sea! Instead I read on the couch or my bed (or on the off chance it’s nice out/a weekend day, up on the rooftop patio in my building).

9. Ann Street permalink
    Monday, May 21, 2012 5:23 pm

My favorite place to read is resting in bed. I wish I had a reading nook like one of those pictured.

10. Sherrinda permalink
    Monday, May 21, 2012 7:38 pm

I read in bed at night. I used to read off and on all day, but since I’ve been working outside of the home, I read at night and try to stay awake for a few chapters.

Trackbacks

1. Tolstoy and the Purple Chair | Bell Book Candle

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,339 other followers